Wednesday, February 16, 2011

26 week appointment

I had my 26 week appointment this morning. Baby P has been kicking so much lately that it was super hard to get him/her to be still enough to get the heartbeat, but after about 10 minutes we got it - mid 140s as usual. I gained another 5 pounds, putting me at 16 pounds total. I grimaced when I found out my weight gain and my doctor was confused. I told her that I wanted to only gain 4 this time and she laughed. She said that 5 is perfectly fine and she doesn't think weight gain is going to be an issue for me. Well that makes me a feel a little better! :) The rest of the appointment was pretty standard - but the doctor gave me a registration form for the hospital and she recommended that I go ahead and sign up for birthing and breastfedding classes for April.

The biggest news is that I'm now on a 2 week appointment schedule. So between these regular OB visits and the ones with my perinatal specialist, I'll be at the doctor pretty much every week! At my next appointment I will do my glucose test and get my rhogam shot. My doctor's office recently switched to a 2-hour glucose test instead of the 1-hour because so many people were failing. I made sure to schedule mine first thing in the morning so I don't have to starve myself all day. I guess things are about to start getting really busy for us. Between doctor's appointments, classes, and wedding festivities for my sister it's going to be a crazy next 3 months, but I'm ready and excited.

As far as the nursery goes, it's still pretty much the same as it was. I've gotten a few more baby items - my mom sent me a cute little monkey mirror for the car so I can see Baby P in the carseat. Thanks Mom!!! My boss gave me a keepsake toddler silverware set - very thoughtful. It's really starting to finally sink in that we are actually having a baby - Ok so it only took 6 months! Haha.

I've been feeling good except for horrible backpain almost every day. I talked to my doctor about it and she of course said just to keep stretching and doing yoga. I even brought a cushion with me to work so I can have some extra back support! Knock on wood, it hasn't started hurting today yet, which is very ood, but I'm going to savor the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Yay it's getting closer!!! These next few months are going to fly by with all the stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete