Anyway - since Monday, Charlie has bitten me not once, but twice. She is going through this attitude phase. She gets really upset if you take away something she is playing with - which is why I got bit. She is all about what she wants to do when she wants to do it. She might get a little of her impatience from me - oops. Luckily, she hasn't bitten anyone else at school this week (knock on wood), so let's hope it was an isolated incident. I don't want my kid to be a bully.
Jason and I have been practicing walking with her every day when we get home from work. We try to get her to walk from one to the other. This girl knows how to do it, she is just unmotivated. If she isn't paying attention to the fact that you are letting go of her, she is fine, but as soon as she realizes there aren't any hands on her, she sinks to the floor. So the best way to distract her - a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She keeps her eyes glued to the tv while Jason and I try to get her to walk. And what do you know, little miss took her first unassisted step yesterday. Yes it was just one, but that's something right?
She also stood by herself while reading a book, bent down to set it down, and stood back up. I did not witness this, but daddy was pretty proud. I wish this girl would realize how much more fun she is going to have when she starts walking, but I know I'll be wishing her back to a unmobile baby as soon as she is on the run.
I'm trying to soak up as much time with her as possible before we leave on our trip next week. I am so looking forward to some fun in the sun with friends, but I feel like I'm going to leave half of my heart behind. Wish me luck!
| Cuddle time after a long day of teething |
| She can do some damage with those chompers! |



Viv bites me too esp when she's frustrated or tired. She's just too cute and will be walking before u know it. I'll be thinking about u next week. It'll be nice to get away though!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Traci. I know it will be good for us and for her too. I'm sure I'm only going to call in about 1000 times to check on her. Haha. Can't believe our girls are growing up so fast!
ReplyDeleteLove all the updates! Too funny about the report! :-) It's normal! Enjoy your trip -- you will miss her terribly, but its good to have Mom time too!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I'm not the only one with a kid who bites. Lucas bites me at least 3 times a week! haha! Good idea to distract her with TV when walking. I need to do the same with Lucas!
ReplyDelete