Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I know we did!

It had been quite a while since we'd been to El Campo, so we were happy to both have the day off on Friday so we could make it a "long" weekend. We got to my parents house around 1:30 so we could get plenty of playtime in before our annual crab/shrimp boil.

My mom and sister had already hidden Easter eggs in the backyard for Charlie to practice with. I didn't go to her egg hunt at school, so I was impressed to see how good she was at it. She was yelling "egg" and running over and grabbing them. Her basket was weighing her down but she refused to let anyone help her. I think Charlie was pretty much outside until it was dark. She just loved playing out there and chasing the dogs. She even slept til 8am on Saturday - which is very rare for being in El Campo.

We did manage to make it over to the Motal's Friday afternoon so we could meet Marion. Oh she is adorable and looks a lot like Jackson. She is such a snuggly baby. Charlie was interested in her at all - but she was busy playing with Maggie. I don't have any pics - Laura has them so I get to see them hmmmm NEVER (just joking - testing to see if you are reading this Laura).

Saturday we went to my great Aunt Mo's in Wharton. I haven't been there since before I was pregnant with Charlie, so it was overdue. I don't understand how it was super windy, almost cold in El Campo. And then we get to Wharton and it was still and hot. Thank goodness daddy had some sunscreen in his truck or we might have been in a bind. When the "Easter Bunnies" started hiding the eggs, C was ready to go. She was screaming and crying b/c she was ready to hunt. I was ready too because it was HOT. I think all that commotion got to Charlie because when the egg hunt started she was so nonchalant. Aunt Jen Jen was trying to help her and put an egg in her basket and Charlie just grabbed it and threw it out. After a minutes, she got the hang of it. She was even putting eggs in some of the other kids' baskets. At least she was sharing! Most of the candy didn't survive as it was chocolate and melted - what were you people thinking! :)

Charlie was fast asleep before we hit the bridge in Wharton so mommy got a nap when we got home too - yay.

Sunday we had lunch at Jason's parents before driving back to Austin - the traffic was horrible in Bastrop - there was a wreck on the bridge so 71 was shut down. Oh wow - not what you want on Easter weekend.

I think Charlie was pooped from all the wekened festivities because she did NOT want to get out of bed. She was crying for me at 5:30 so I put her in bed with us (I never do this, but I was about to get up anyway, so I figured it wasn't a big deal). Well she was so comfy with daddy that I couldn't get her to wake up after that. Ha.
Was awake the whole time until Garwood

Easter egg hunting at Bebe & Papa's - her hair was so straight that day

Being silly with mommy

Playdough fun

Sandbox fun

Yummy corn!
Ready to hunt some eggs - rosy cheeks!

Giving her a pep talk - so typical with a beer in hand

Coloring with Aunt Jen Jen


Ring around the rosie with Bebe & Papa - this was a sight!


Waiting for Grandma & Grandpa!

That face says it all


Reading to baby - so sweet


Working hard

Couldn't resist taking this pic.

1 comment:

  1. Just downloaded them....I'll send them to ya!! haha and this is my first time to read blogs since like September!

    ReplyDelete