Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween and much much more!

Last week was a little rough at the Prochaska house. Charlie seemed like she was doing better after being on antibiotics for a couple of days to help clear up her ear infection. I had taken Monday off to do some much needed clean up around the house - I took a ton of stuff to Goodwill. Everything seemed to be going much better than the week before.

But then Tuesday afternoon, I got the dreaded call from daycare. Charlie had a fever of 103. That's high for her - she never gets fever. So I picked her up, gave her some ibuprofen and put her in the bath. The fever broke soon after and she seemed fine. Jason and I tag teamed working form home the next day since she wouldn't be allowed back at school for 24 hours.

Thursday, I noticed Charlie had a bit of a rash on her neck and stomach. I thought this might be roseola as she has gotten it once before after a high fever. She seemed fine so we took her to school. Her rash was a little worse when I went to her Halloween party that day and she was overall not very happy. However, she was pretty happy trick-or-treating. She was kind of scared at first, but once she realized people were giving her candy she was all about it.

Friday morning, her rash looked awful. I mean it was yuck. I took some pictures, but decided it she wasn't contagious so she was going to school. But once I got to work I emailed pictures to the doctor and they said they wanted to see her. So if you are counting right now, that means I didn't work a full day of work last week at all. Go me! Ha. Her appointment wasn't until 4, but I got a call from daycare around noon that Charlie was scratching all over and that her rash was looking worse. Fun!

By the time I got her to the doctor, she was just a hot mess. And as soon as the doctor walked in she said "That is an allergic reaction to penicillin." I was confused because Charlie has been on penicillin before and she had already been on it for 7 days before the rash showed up. She said usually this means that she will grow out of the allergy at some point, but for now, we will avoid giving it to her. Oh and since it was in her system for so long, it could take a week for the rash to go away. Yuck. Luckily, the benadryl helped a ton and she wasn't scratching it at all after that. It's already looking a ton better.

Hot mess hair after school

You can see some of the rash in this pic. It was way worse in person.


Friday night, the Motals and my sister came up. Charlie and Maggie were so happy to see each other. They make me laugh. The boys when to Wurstfest on Saturay, so us ladies hit up Target and some other stores, took the girls to the park, and then dinner at Gattitown. I think the girls had a blast, and they were pretty well behaved for all of the shuffling about we did with them. My sister was a big help since we had 3 kiddos with us. But Marion is probably the happiest, most easygoing baby ever. It's the 2 toddlers you gotta worry about. I had a blast with them and I was sad to see them go yesterday.



Morning playtime

Target trip - as soon as she saw that tutu, she wasn't letting go; she calls it her princess

Our attempt at group nap time - FAIL

Sliding!




Having a blast!

Jumping on the bed. These 2 are hilarious together!




Somehow in the past couple of weeks, Charlie has gone into full princess mode. If you ask if she is pretty, she said "No, I'm a princess." She is very into Ariel - I think she watched it 85 times this weekend. I mean she is so girlie these days and I dont' know how that happened. Ok so I did buy her a tutu which probably didn't help! :)

I love how when Charlie watches a movie she has seen a billion times, she'll still say "Oh no mommy, what's gonna happen." It's hilarious!

Here's to a hopefully quiet week for us.

Lunch on Sunday

It's a hard life






No comments:

Post a Comment