Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Break

I don't get much of a Spring Break. I'd say that the best part about it is that traffic is on the light side and usually work is pretty slow.

This year was a little different, however. Because Tuesday, I took the afternoon off from work and me and Jason went to see Jimmy Kimmel Live. He filmed a week of shows in Austin because of SXSW. Our friend, Scott, works for the show in LA so he got us tickets. It was such a treat for us. It was a pretty fun afternoon, but it was quite long and I was starving and exhausted afterwards.

The rest of the week was business as usual except for my 16 week checkup on Thursday. Everything is looking great so far. I have my anatomy scan in 2 weeks and I'm pretty pumped (albeit anxious) about it. I've been feeling sporadic kicks/flutters lately, which is by far my favorite thing about being pregnant, so I'm happy I'm getting to that stage. C was quite the mover so I'm hoping this little nuggest is the same way.

My mom came up this weekend since Jason was gone for a fishing tournament. The weather was sub-par so we took advantage of a great shopping opportunity. We bought and put together a great shelf/storage thing for Charlie's room, and I'm thrilled with how her room has turned out. My mom bought some fabric to make curtains. Then I just need a few finishing touches before it is complete. It's been fun seeing it come together.

The baby's room needs A LOT of work so hopefully I'll be just as motivated to work on that one in a couple of weeks when we find out if it's a boy or another girl. Charlie is still saying she is having a sister that will be named "sister/brother." So we'll see if she is right.

Oh and somewhere during all of this mess, I turned 30. Wah wah wah.

Seeing Jimmy Kimmel. My pics of the show weren't that great so instead you get us!

Charlie's big girl bed. The end table will be painted white once I get some downtime. And of course some curtains soon.

Our find at Target. I just love it and there is so much storage. I also got that cute stool that I personalized with my cricut.

My little cutie. How pretty is this plant I found for $7 at Lowes? Score. Time to get in Spring mode.




No comments:

Post a Comment