The second go round is easier in some ways and harder in others. It's easier because you don't feel like a complete idiot all the time because you've done this before. And even though every baby is different, you at least have starting point. It's harder because no matter how much time and attention I give to Charlie right now, I just don't feel like it is enough. I know it won't always be like this, and she really isn't acting out because of it, but I can tell she misses one on one time with me.
She does love her little sister though and she tries to be all over her all the time, which is stressful. I know Sybil is going to get sick eventually, but let's wait until she is a little older please.
We made our first trip down to El Campo in over 3 months last weekend for the opening weekend of dove season. It was a good trip. Charlotte had a blast playing with Maggie and Marion. And mommy got to get out a little bit to see some friends. It was a good time.
At one month old, Sybil is:
- Just switching over to 0-3 month clothes from her newborn ones
- Wearing size 1 diapers
- Eating every 2-3 hours
- Giving 3-4 hour stretches of sleep at night
- Has excellent head control
- Starting to put herself on somewhat of a schedule
- Becoming a paci addict
In the past few days, Sybil has had more awake time. She used to cluster feed so much during the day and now she is able to go 3 hours sometimes without eating. She is starting to nap better (instead of being held, she will nap on a pallet or in her rock in play. We swaddle her at night and the first stretch of sleep is usually the best, but she is still quite squirmy and loud at night. I'm trying to combat it with gas drops, but part of me feels like she just doesn't eat enough to stay full. I'm not sure. It's only been 4 weeks so I can't really complain at this point. It's just a tad disappointing since her sister was a much better sleeper by this point. I'm hoping by the end of next month, we are doing much better in the sleep area.
| Add caption |
| I can't believe how big Luke has gotten |
| Sweet cousins |




Ah the 1month exhaustion adrenaline has run out I know it's coming too. You're doing great momma and I promise you are on the downhill it'll get better quick. She's just precious
ReplyDeleteLove the updates--yes, hang in there! I promise it will get easier, especially when you are not 100% sleep-deprived. And know that unfortunately you will never feel like you give either of them enough of your time and attention but it will get easier to manage when the baby isn't demanding food every 5 minutes!
ReplyDelete