On Columbus Day, Charlotte's school was closed so I had both kids by myself all day. It doesn't sound hard but Charlotte is a very active 3 year old and I knew I needed to plan something. I took the girls to the aquarium. It was just okay - not worth the money in my opinion, but hey it got us out of the house. We spent the afternoon watching movies and making Halloween crafts. The day really went well - it's just quite a task to go somewhere alone with 2 kids. But I guess you adjust as you go.
This past Sunday, Charlotte and I participated in the DSACT Buddy Walk. Jason was out of town so I had his mom come up to watch Sybil. I had thought about taking her with us, but I'm so glad I didn't. It was a crazy, hot day, but lots of fun. At Charlotte's old school, she had a classmate named Benjamin with Down's Syndrome. His family has a team for the Buddy Walk every year, but because of scheduling conflicts, we were never able to participate until this year. It was great because Charlie had been missing Benji and her other old classmate, Tyler, who came to the Buddy Walk too. It was at Reunion Ranch in Georgetown. That place is awesome. They had paddle boats, pony rides, face panting, a firetruck to check out - all kinds of stuff and everything was FREE. I'm so glad I got to spend some one on one time with Charlotte.
Now if the weather could just get more fall-like...
| Barton Hill Farm in Bastrop |
| Austin Aquarium |
| Buddy Walk with Benjamin |



No comments:
Post a Comment