The highlights:
- Eats 4-5oz every 3 hours
- Wears size 1 diapers
- In 3 month clothes
- Sleeps through the night - bedtime between 8-9 and waking up around 6:15 on weekdays and usually later than that on weekends.
- Loves to suck on her fists
- Rolls belly to back
- Coos and makes ahhh noises
- Smiles and has started squealing
I love this blog lately because I often look back at what I was doing with Charlotte at this time or what milestones she was hitting. Of course my fear of breaking the swaddle is coming up and I just hope this baby stays a good sleeper! She is thriving at daycare. They said she is the most laid back baby they have.
So that's the 3 month update - on to the MORE part, which is largely about Charlie. Poor girl.
The Friday before Thanksgiving, Charlie was acting really tired and not really herself. Turns out she had a fever of 102.5. I gave her a tepid bath and some meds and put her to bed. Saturday morning, she woke up kind of cranky, but otherwise fine. We put up the Christmas tree and played. Later that afternoon, she started acting weird again. Her temp was 103.8. Ok, momma don't play around with that. To the ER we went. After 3 hours and a very cranky Charlie, we came home with more answers that when we started. They tested for strep and for a UTI, both which came back negative. It wasn't until Sunday that I noticed she wasn't really eating and she had some sores on her tongue.
I took her to the doctor on Monday and they said it looked like she probably had Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. It's viral so nothing but time was gonna make it go away. They did give me some "magic mouthwash" (a combo of lidocane, maalox, and benadryl) to help numb her tongue. I ended up staying home with her the rest of that week. Her fever was all over the place and she was miserable. I was so worried about her getting dehydrated because she wasn't eating and barely drinking. We were also freaking out that Sybil was going to catch and OMG how bad would that be for a 3 month old. It was so sad. Charlie didn't understand why she couldn't be near her sister or why it hurt everytime she ate something. Logic and rationale with a 3 year old just don't work.
She missed Thanksgiving completely. We wanted to keep germs away from Sybil, so we kept them at separate Grandparents' houses for the holiday. There was a lot of running back and forth for mommy. Charlie needed me more, but it was sure hard for me to be away from Sybil so much. I'm grateful that she didn't seem to notice. I ended up calling Charlie's doctor Thursday for some stronger pain meds. She needed to get some sleep at least, even if she wasn't eating or drinking. Luckily by Saturday morning, things started looking better. And even though her tongue isn't completely healed, she is almost back to her old self - attitude and all. We still aren't sure if it was HFM or something else, but whatever if it was good riddance.
![]() |
| 3 months old! |
| Before the sickness |
| At the ER |
| My little patient |
| Relaxing |




No comments:
Post a Comment