Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New Trick

No, we haven't started crawling. But we learned how to wave "hi" and "bye." It's pretty cute and it's mommy and daddy's favortie game.

We are getting back in our routine here in Austin. We spent New Year's Eve at Amber and JP's house in Garwood. It was a good time. We packed up and headed back home around lunchtime on Sunday. It took forever to unpack our vehicles and to get the house into some sort of order. I do believe Charlotte got spoiled over the holidays because she did not want us to put her down, so that made unpacking even more challenging.

Thank goodness both Jason and I were off from work that Monday. But Charlie's daycare was closed, so we had to take turns entertaining her while we tried to clean up the house. She actually did a lot better than I thought (since she had been so clingy the day before). She was pretty content hanging out in her jumperoo or playing with her new toys. We managed to take down the Christmas decorations, clean out my closet and Charlotte's (which consitsted putting 2 tubfulls of baby stuff in the attic), organize pantry/refrigerator/pantry, and get Charlie's new carseat installed. Lugging her around in her carrier was getting to be a pain for me. I would hardly ever take it out of the car and I felt like Charlie would be more comfortable with a little more room, so we took the plunge. I think she is liking it so far.

I was a little worried that Charlie would have to readjust to daycare after having been gone for a week and 1/2, but she did great - my little social butterfly. I think me and Jason are having a harder time getting back into the work routine.

Charlie had to get her 2nd flu shot yesterday morning, so the nurse weighed her. She is now 17.8 pounds. And her 2 bottom teeth are sticking out a little more each day.

 Rockin my shades

NYE 2011

Getting ready for my shot - she looks nervous!

1 comment: