Thursday, January 26, 2012

First ear infection - times 2

Well I know it's inevitable - all babies will get ear infections. I just Charlie was going to make it a whole year without one though. This week has been much better than last. She seemed to be over her cold. Barely any coughing and her runny nose had subsided.

This morning, when I got her up, I noticed her nose was like a faucet. I thought maybe the storm yesterday blew in something that was affecting her allergies. I was also rushing, so I didn't pay as much attention to it. Jason left super early this morning, so I was trying to do everything on my own and make it out the door at a decent time.

She was in a good mood when I dropped her off at daycare, so I didn't give it a second though. But I got a call from the director at 11:30, telling me C bug had fever and that I needed to come get her. So off I went. Her teacher said she had been really fussy, which is unlike her. I decided to take her back to the pediatrician. When we were there last week, her ears got checked and they were fine. But she did tell me to come in if she got a fever or got really fussy. We didn't get to see our normal doctor because she was booked up, but I wanted to get in as soon as possible. We actually got to see the pediatrician that tended to Charlie right after she was born. I'm sure it seemed like a long time ago to her, but to me it seems like just yesterday.

The doctor said Charlie's breathing sounded good. Then she checked her left ear - infection. Next the right ear - infection! Yep - double ear infection. Poor thing. The doctor prescribed amoxicillin. She did note that I need to pay extra attention to Charlie to make sure she doesn't have a reaction as I am allergic to penicillin.

Now that I've given C one dose of the meds and she's gotten a good nap, she is more like her old self. Right now she is "talking" to her toys. She has to stay home from daycare tomorrow because of the 24 hour fever rule, but Jason is going to stay home with her. It will be good father-daughter bonding time.

I almost forgot, I made a comment to the doctor about Charlotte not crawling yet. She, of course, gave me a look like I'm crazy. Haha. She said it's no big deal and once again that not all babies crawl. I know, I know. I just think she'd be happier if she could get to where she wanted to go. Now, if she starts crawling tomorrow I might want to take that back. It is kind of nice knowing that she'll pretty mcuh be in the same spot I left her if I walk out of the room.


Chubby cheeks

Watching Mickey Mouse very intently


Standing like a big girl



4 comments:

  1. Does Charlie watch tv? Harper wants nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no fun having sick babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinsey - yes and no! She likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and loves Elmo! However, she is easily distracted!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby girl but she's always so happy even when sick do so precious!

    ReplyDelete