Monday, February 27, 2012

Changes

I apologize for no pics in this post. I've been "trying" my hardest to use the Nikon to take C's pics more often than my phone, but one of the major downsides of this is that I have to remember to get the pictures off the memory card before I do my blogging. The iPhone is so much easier/faster, but of course the Nikon's pics are way higher quality. So I'll try to get some pics off of there this evening/tomorrow.

There are lots of things going on in the Prochaska household right now, not all of them Charlotte related (shocker, I know). Let me back up. We bought our house 3+ years ago, which is crazy to me. I had all these big plans in my head, but here we are just now starting our first real improvement project, sort of. First of all, a few weeks back, I was laid up in bed with a serious migraine. Jason was in the shower (or thankfully, had just gotten out), and I heard a huge crash. I go in the bathroom to find one of the sliding glass shower doors completed shattered. I'm not really quite sure how it happened, but honestly, it was a blessing in disguise (to me at least). See, I had been bugging Jason about taking down the doors and putting up a shower curtain forever, and now we really didn't have a choice! Ha. It really wasn't that difficult (so much so that I kind of want to do it in the spare bathroom, but I gotta pick my battles at the right time). And now I feel like the bathroom looks so much nicer and the shower seems bigger.

Second, we are finally getting new kitchen countertops and a new sink tomorrow! I'm cheesing over this. We ordered it back in January and I have been waiting ever so impatiently for the call to schedule the work. I cannot wait. Perhaps I will post some before and after pics. It might be awhile though because I really want to get a new stove (ours is so 1979) to complete the look. We'll see.

Could this be the start of a home improvement frenzy? Time will tell.

There have also been some changes for Charlie as well. 1) We are trying more table food and more time with the sippy cup. She has now been holding up her sippy cup upside down. Hey, it's better than nothing. 2) No real progress on crawling, but Sunday morning I did find her sitting up in her crib so that was new. I thought that was pretty good considering she was in a sleep sack and I find them a little restrictive (we will have to lose them pretty soon because C is getting too long). 3) We, for the first time ever, used a babysitter that is not a family member Saturday night. Eeek - that was a big step for this mommy, but it was time.

I found our sitter off care.com. I was hestitant at first, but I have heard great things about it from people, including my boss, who found her nanny (of over a year) on there. I posted a job a couple of weeks ago and I got a huge response. I interviewed a couple of girls, and I found one I wanted to try out, so we decided that Saturday night was the night. So Lauren came over and got acquainted with Charlie. I kind of showed her the routine, and then Jason and I headed out to dinner. I was a little stressed as first, especially because C has been having a little mommy separation anxiety lately, but everything went great, and Lauren said Charlie was a perfect angel. Yay - looks like we found ourselves a sitter. It's a definite must for us since our families live 2 hours away and sometimes we just want to get out for a couple of hours. And now we have another person in Austin we trust in case of an emergency.

So that's all for now and expect some pics soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great to know about care.com! Our neighbor, Zoe, is a very mature 13 year old who just gave us her "business card" which I must say is very impressive. I just feel like that is so young. I get crazy excited about home improvements! Looking forward to some before and after pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found a sitter in Austin. I know it's hard not being close to your family. Take care!

    ReplyDelete