Thursday, February 2, 2012

Updates

Oh my goodness, where do I begin?

First, I feel like C has grown a ton. Lately she is feeling quite heavy to me. The latests weight (which was yesterday at the doctor) has her at 18lbs 6oz!

Secondly, Charlie is still not really crawling, but she is doing "something." If you put her on her tummy and let her get frustrated enough, she will lift up her butt to where she is on her knees. She will even kind of crawl with her knees, but her arms stay in the same spot while her face is smashed in the carpert. So its kind of an inchworm move or the opposite of an army crawl. I don't really know what she is trying to accomplish here, but we'll see. I do have a video of it, but I don't want to post it as she is whinning quite a bit it in. Hehe, mean mommy.

Boy does this kid want to go places though. She never really sits still. If you are holding her she is constantly grabbing for something. I will have her on my lap on the couch and she is all over the place. She really wants to try to stand on her own. We practice pulling up, but she can't do it on her own yet. We have gotten to 3 meals a day (and we have even experimented with meat - the pureed junk - it stinks so bad). She is much more of a fan of solids than her formula now. She definitely has cut back on her liquid intake.

Thirdly, she has a boyfriend. Ok, so he's a boy that's her friend, but it's freaking cute. His name is Jack, and the daycare ladies told me they are always talking to each other (battling is what I like to call it b/c they seem like they are both trying to be louder than the other). The other day I put C on the mat on the floor and Jack crawled over to her right away and they started "chatting." Super cute. Daddy's not happy.

Fourth, she just can't seem to shake her cough. It seemed like it was almost gone, but then came back last week when she got the ear infections. We have a good night then a bad one. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything more serious, so I took her in again yesterday. Love our pediatrician by the way. She is so blunt. She decided to have us try 2 things. First, we got an inhaler (like the ones they use for asthma). I had to buy a special piece of plastic called a spacer with a face mask so she can breathe it in. We are supposed to try that for a couple of days and if she still isn't feeling better, we got a different antibiotic to switch to from the amoxicillin. So we use the inhaler last night around 5. I wanted to do it early in case she started coughing around 10 (which she did the night before) so we could give her another round. Well, she did cough a couple of times around 8:30, but after that it was peace and quiet all night. Yay. I'm not getting my hopes up though because like I said earlier, we have a good night and then a  bad one. So we'll see how tonight goes.

It seems like a lot of babies are fighting some sort of virus right now - I guess it's just that time of year. And yes I'm sure daycare plays a role, but my co-workers wife stays home with her baby and she caught RSV so it didn't make me feel as bad for exposing C to a bunch of germs.

So with that said we are going to try to have a relaxing weekend and hopefully Charlie can recooperate and be back to her old self. Let me just say that even when she is sick, this kid is so happy. I don't get it. I'm a crab when I don't feel good.

I love the way she sleeps - all sprawled out


Kicked back


This is her attempt at crawling - she is a mess


Happy during bathtime - I told you; could never tell she is sick right?

1 comment:

  1. I hope she can completely kick that cough soon!

    I know what you mean..I feel better about the fact that "stay at home" babies get sick too...not just daycare babies.

    ReplyDelete