First, 2 weekends ago I decided to put Charlie's halloween costume on to 1) make sure it wasn't too small because she is growing like a weed and 2) I wanted to see what kind of meltdown I had to look forward to (since she hates anything on her head). Well, I was pleasantly surprised tha the costume did fit and that she didn't freak out. In fact, she was in such a good mood that it let me and daddy to have an impromtu photoshoot in the front yard. It gave me hope that she might actually wear her costume for a bit on Halloween.
![]() |
| My little puppy |
| Pouty face |
Second, this past weekend we down to El Campo for the St. Philip's Halloween Carnival and the Test of the Best cookoff in Nada. Last year, my little bug won first place at the costume contest (in her $3 watermelon costume). But that was when she was a 5 month old snuggle bug. This year, I could barely get her to walk in the circle (she wanted to go outside so bad). Plus, she had a twin there. So she didn't win anything, but she had fun showing off and we got to see lots of cuties.
![]() |
| Someone needs a nap |
On Sunday, I took her to the cookoff for a little bit to see her friends. We tried our best to get a picture of her, Maggie, and Harper just like last year. But let's say, toddlers are quite a bit more difficult to photograph. And of course, we had to have a boo boo. C was sooo busy, just walking walking walking. At one point, she lost her footing, fell to her knees and eventually onto her face. I picked her up and she had a mouth full of blood. Awesome... It took quite a while for her to calm down, but after a while she was ok - just super cranky from having no nap. It looked like she just bit into her upper lip so it was just a tad swollen. At one point I thought she may have chipped a tooth, but I don't think that's the case anymore. I really didn't think she had hit her mouth hard enough to do that. Needless to say that little girl was ready to go home after that. We had a long and late drive back to Austin. Mommy still has not unpacked - fun times tonight.
One good thing that came out of this weekend is that C is now a fan of hats. Last week, she wanted nothing to do with them. But this weekend it was cold, and we kept telling her she had to have on a hat to go outside, so eventually it caught on, and she even asked for a hat this morning. Yay. Hats are so cute. Maybe I can start convincing her to wear bows too!
![]() |
| 2012 |
![]() |
| 2011 |
![]() |
| Passed out after the busted lip incident |
And lastly, I'll leave you with 2 comparison pictures. First, daddy vs. Charlie and second, mommy vs. Charlie. Some people think she is all Jason and others say all me.
Charlotte is 17.5 months















Love seeing the pictures from this year and last year! They are getting so big. She is so precious in her costume. Have a great Halloween.
ReplyDelete