Monday, November 5, 2012

Fun with Maggie

Before I get to the weekend fun, let me back up to Halloween.

This was the first time C's class had an actual "party" for the kiddos. The infant room usually opts out of the parties because the kids are just too little, but I was really pumped that we would get to do something this year. They got some yummy snacks for the kids and let them finger paint some pumpkins. It was so cute. I was impressed at how well behaved Charlie was at school (while I was there at least).

We did manage to go trick-or-treating that evening. I think we only hit 4 houses, but that's ok. Our neighborhood isn't a big trick-or-treating area (which is kind of a bummer) but at least she is too young to really get it yet. We pulled her in the wagon, and then let her get out and walk up to the door. I would ring the doorbell and she would proceed to bang on the door until someone opened it. Haha. She did repeat a version of trick-or-treat. But as soon as she got her candy, she was ready go head somewhere new - no patience. I'm betting next year will be a lot of fun with her.

I took off Friday afternoon to get new cable installed in our house. Seriously, that is one of the biggest pains in the butt. However, it gave me a chance to clean the house to get ready for the Motals. The last time they came to stay with us, I think the girls were about 6 months old. They were fun but they didn't really play with each other. Well it's a different story now. The girls are so hilarious together. Everytime we put them in the car, they would start laughing and making noises at each other. Us girls went shopping while the guys headed to Wurstfest in New Braunfels. Charlie and Maggie were such troopers with no naps. They finally both conked out on our way to Target so we let them have a power nap in the parking lot. But then we tried to wake them up to go inside - Maggie was no problem, but C was out - like really out. So I ended up hauling butt to the baby section, ripping open a blanket and laying it down in the big part of the cart so C could nap there. Some other parents were starring at me like I was nuts, but you do what you gotta do right? I think she napped for about 3 minutes and then was ready to get up - awesome.

After a long day of shopping, we went home and all took a nice rest. We tried to get the girls to nap on a pallet in the living room, but that wasn't happening. They are seriously so cute together. Charlie would always go find Maggie's cup or her blanket and say "Mammie" and then go give it to her. They would play and laugh so good together. I think we only had them fight over something twice, and it was pretty short-lived. Sunday morning, Laura and I put the girls in their Mexican dresses we got from Cozumel this summer so we could take pics. We are usually so bad about remembering to do this kind of stuff so that was the goal of the weekend. The girls looked so cute and grown up. Those pictures are on my Nikon at home so I'll post some later.

It was really cute when the guys came home on Sunday and Maggie and Charlie were so excited to see their daddies. We had such a fun time and can't wait to hang out with them again.

Charlotte is 17.5 months old.

Aunt Jen Jen sent C this little baby bassinet for her Baby Stella doll. She is obsessed with it. It has now slept with her in her crib the past 3 nights! :)


Laughing it up during our pizza party


Preview of the dresses. They loved "riding" this box of blocks. It was really funny to them.


Worn out from a weekend of fun.
 
The girls were chatting it up during snack time.
 
 
 
Riding the box!
 
 
 
This was cracking me up for some reason.

1 comment: