Last Wednesday, I started feeling much better after being sick on and off for 3 weeks. I even went for a run that evening (the first time in 2 weeks). Charlie was acting normal. She asked to go sit on the potty - which is rare. So I let her, and in the 1.2 seconds I looked away, she stood up and pooped on the floor. THANKS! :) She is just not quite there yet. But at least she knew she that she needed to go. I'm not focused on potty training at all - planning on waiting til this summer.
Earlier in the week, Jason had mentioned turning the baby monitor off at night. I told him no because it is like my security blanket. I leave the video off at night, but I can easily click it back on to see her if I want. I'm glad we didn't turn it off because around 1am that night, we heard her coughing pretty violently, and then she was saying "owie." I went to go see what was going on, and I found a little bit of vomit in her bed. There had been a stomach bug going around at school the week before, but I was praying that's not what this was. I was thinking she just had an upset tummy. So I cleaned her and the bed up and we went and watched tv - she was wide awake at this point. I told Jason to get some sleep since it looked like I probably wouldn't get much. She ended up throwing up 2 more times. And she laid with me for a while before going back to sleep around 3am. The next morning she seemed fine. A little cranky because of the restless night, but that's it. So I sent her to school.
That night she started throwing up around 10pm. This time it was worse. She just seemed to be in a lot of pain and scared because she didn't know what was going on. I would rather clean up 10 diarrhea diapers that watch my little girl throw up. It was so sad. She pretty much didn't sleep that night. The only thing I could get her to eat or drink was the pedialite popsicles.
I stayed home with her Friday. She hadn't thrown up since 11:30 the night before, but she was having diarrhea and was not being herself - hardly eating and seemed to be hurting. She seemed pretty good during the afteroon, so against my better judgement, we decided to make the trip to EC for my cousin's wedding. I was impressed at how well she did in the car - she didn't seem to be hurting at all. I had high hopes. But once we got her out of the car and she started moving around, you could tell she still didn't feel good.
The good news was that she only threw up once Friday, and slept much better. Saturday she was just miserable - constipated I think. When I finally decided to give her prune juice that afternoon, she started clearing herself and she seemed so much better. Needless to say, we didn't make it to the wedding. Charlie and I pretty much didn't leave my parents' house all weekend. Oh well. You gotta do what you gotta do.
She still isn't 100% , but she is doing so much better. I called her school to check on her, and they said she ate almost all of her lunch and laid right down for her nap - I'm sure she is still trying to catch up on sleep.
I feel like I haven't had a real weekend in ages. One of us has been sick since New Year's. I'm prayinig that we can make it through this week without coming down with anything.
One thing of note about Charlie these days - I can't keep her earrings in to save my life. She will pull them out and put them in her mouth. She won't swallow them (not yet anyway), but she just sucks on them. What is that about??
| Rough night - taking her morning nap on the couch. |
| Fell asleep in the hallway - you can tell when she is not feeling good |
| Saturday evening - finally starting to smile |
| Ride back home - worn out |
| Sunday night bathtime - that's my girl! |



Aww poor thing! It's so hard to watch them feel so bad! Don't they make screw on earrings that they can't remove? Like the ones they pierced their ears with? Not 100% sure, just a thought!
ReplyDeleteSo the ones they pierced her ears with are regular backs, but in my opinion they are hard to get off. That didn't stop her from losing one of the backs, which is why we don't wear those anymore. I did buy one pair of screw backs, and I'm not kidding, she lost one of the backs the second day. Maybe it wasn't a good brand. I'm a loss...
ReplyDelete