Monday, February 4, 2013

A rough week

for mommy at least.

I had gotten a sore throat a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't too bad, only at night. Well then a week later it hit me hard. I started feeling really bad last Sunday night. I didn't go to work on Monday, thinking I just needed some extra rest - it's hard to get that chasing a toddler around. So I figured I'd sleep while she was at school. Well Tuesday I woke up feeling worse. I went to the doctor, and we were both sure it was strep, but my test came back negative. Boo - stupid viral infection. My worst fear was getting Charlie sick. With Jason gone for work a lot last week, it was hard because I was trying not to interact with her too much. And she is in a really kissy phase, and I couldn't let her kiss me - so sad.

I finally started feeling a little better on Thursday - at least my throat wasn't really hurting but then I was having headaches and I had a bad cough. I figured I'd be better by the weekend - not so much. I'm pretty good during the day, but the mornings are rough and the nights are worse. And of course now Charlie is coughing. I'm hoping her's is just a minor cold and not what mine was because it was painful. I think I fell asleep during the power outage of the superbowl last night because my head was pounding so bad. At least I was awake to see Charlie shaking her booty to Beyonce. That girl loves her dancing.

So I'm just ready to feel better. If my little girl is going to be sick, I need all my strength to be able to take care of her.

We had a pretty low key weekend since mommy was still under the weather, but we did manage to make it to Carson's 2nd birthday party yesterday. It was at Extreme Fun - an building full of inflatables for the kiddos. I will say it's not exactly toddler friendly. There was an area with baby toys and an inflatable area called Toddler Town. But the majority of it were the huge bouncy houses and inflatable slides. Great for 3 year olds probably, but C isn't quite there yet. I tried to get her to do the Toddler Town thing, but she wanted to stick to the baby toys. I did manage to take her down one of the bigger slides - with me. And then I got scolded by one of the workers because adults are not allowed on the inflatibles. Whoops. I felt bad b/c C loved the slide, but there was no way for her to climb up the ladder by herself. Bummer.

Finally when it was time to leave she warmed up to Toddler Town and wanted to play. Sounds about right. Overall, I think she was a tad young for a place like that, but some of the older kids really enjoyed it.

This weekend we have my cousin's wedding in El Campo. I can't wait to see Charlie shake her groove thing on the dance floor.

Snuggle time with daddy
Coloring at school
Riding dirty
Dancing with friends
Benig a mess
Superbowl timeout
Playing with the baby toys at the party

First attempt at toddler town - fail


More baby toy fun

2nd attempt at toddler town - success!

1 comment:

  1. Boo! No fun when Mom is sick...E had the same exact thing last week and ran a fever with it, but doctors said just viral.

    ReplyDelete