Monday, September 30, 2013

The Weekend

Last Thursday as school, Charlie had picture day. I was trying to get her pumped up about it so she would smile pretty. She pretty much fights me every morning when I try to fix that hot mess of a mop on her head, and that day was no different. I finally managed to keep her busy with her jewelry (that she accumulated from Greyleigh's birthday party) long enought to get some pigtails in. I was lucky in that when I dropped her off at school, her class was already taking pictures. So I stayed and watched. She did great - I am so excited to see this pics!

We are working with teaching Charlie her days of the week. So far she only has Friday down, so everyday is Friday to her. I wish Charlie, I wish! :)

Since we are working on potty training hardcore these days, we laid low and were at the house most of the weekend. I am trying to wean her off of the candy she gets for going on the potty because she's not going to get that forever you know! Also school can't do that. I tried switching to stickers, but she learned pretty fast that those don't taste as good. Smart cookie.

We did venture out to Kinley's second birthday party. Oh my gosh, there were soooo many kids there. It was awesome and crazy. Charlie was so entertained the whole time, and she tried to escape with some of Kinley's toys. So we of course had an epic meltdown in front of EVERYONE until Kassie gave her a party favor, and then all was right in the world again. Oh toddlers.

You might notice in some of the pics below that Charlie is wearing a bandaid. Soooo she is now obsessed with bandaids and wants one all the time, only she has no reason to be wearing one. And then she refuses to take it off. I mean she will scream if you come anywhere near it. Once again, oh toddlers. I finally managed to get her latest one off during her sleep Saturday night (mean mommy). So far she has yet to notice or ask for another one. Victory...for now.

And I've saved the biggest news for last. Charlie wore big girl panties to school today y'all! Holy cow, am I crazy? I called at 11 to check on her and her teacher said she basically just wants to sit on the potty all day. And she has been really excited so she stands up a little too quickly, and you get the idea there. Ha. I was laughing just picturing it. I know accidents are to be expected the first day, but I hope she really catches on this week and that we can start scaling back on the pull ups. Wish us luck.

The night before pictures - working on our cheese (notice the bandaid on the elbow)

Morning of pictures - much better and hair is tamed! Oh hey their pig-in-a-blanket photo bomber.

Trying to get a pic before the birthday party.
Being goofy with daddy.


Giant hugging Elmo doll. Y'all I was a little creeped out.

Giant pillow pet. Charlie LOVED this.

Ariel doll. This was the cause of the epic meltdown. Santa please bring me one!

Tried to get a pic of C with the birthday girl and I got a little photobomber from a random. Whatevs.

Kate and Charlie - so amused.

Ha! I love this. Kinley looks so bashful while we aer singing to her!

YUM!

Passed out hard!

I am amazed that she actually wanted to ride in this thing - BTW it has 2 flat tires (daddy!?!?)

I thought she was going to take a nap.

Passed out at 7pm last night - it was a busy weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment