Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas 2013

We had such a blessed and wonderful Christmas season. I can't believe it is over. It seems to go by faster and faster each year.

We started out by taking Charlie to look at Christmas lights earlier in the week before Christmas. She loved it - oooohs and aaaahhhs and all that jazz. Jason and I attended my company Christmas party the Thursday before Christmas, which was also my last day of work. Since we were going out of town for a week over Christmas, I wrote to Santa and asked him if he could stop by our house early. He, of course, obliged and we got a visit from him the Friday before Christmas. Charlie got lots of goodies, but she got quite distracted after opening a couple of presents (I noticed that was a theme with her. I guess less is more with this kid).

Saturday morning, we packed up and went to Jason's grandma's house in Hallettsville. It's always a good time because there is plenty of space for the kids to run around and they like looking at the cows and chickens. One of Jason's cousins brought ice cream cones for the kids to decorate like Christmas trees. It was a really cute idea and it kept the kids busy for longer than 5 minutes, so I say it was a success.

Sunday, we had Christmas for my mom's side in Wharton. Not as many kids, but Charlie had a blast with Caroline. They had us all cracking up with their dance moves. I also got to meet baby Chloe for the first time. We got a day off from Christmas, and Charlie got to go visit with her friends Maggie and Marion.

Christmas Eve was at my parents' house. Charlie got a cool red viper from Bebe and Papa (that stays at their house btw :)). She had fun driving around until she couldn't figure out how to steer that well. My sister and Dean gave her the Ariel doll she has been dreaming about since Kinley's birthday back in September. She carries that thing with her everywhere now. We also made a quick trip to the pond to try our hand at fishing. Charlie caught a bass right off the bat, but she got kind of grossed out and afterwards didn't really care about fishing too much.

Christmas day we had one last celebrate at Jason's parents' house. She got more gifts than I can even remember. I had a blast, but by the 26th I was kind of missing Austin. It's fun to see my family and friends, but I was just wishing I was at home, sleeping in my own bed, and doing things around the house. After a few more days, we headed back home on the 29th. Our house now shows no trace of Christmas. We are all back at work and school today - thank goodness for a short week. Charlie is already asking me when Santa is coming again....

Charlie and her friend, Willa Mae, at school

Another school friend, Jackson

Mesmorized by the lights

Hawkeye Holiday Party

Eating her Christmas tree

Digging in her present from Babicka

Caroline and Charlie looking thrilled about taking pics

They had a blast driving and playing Chinese fire drill

I have LOTS of these videos. Hard to pik a fave.

Baby Chloe

Her new wheels

Excited about presents

Family pic

Playing with daddy

She loves Marion


Fishing

Her new baby

Dress up with Bebe's jewelry

Baking


More fishing

Marion is so precious


And more fishing


Calling Uncle Deano on the walkie-talkie

No comments:

Post a Comment