As much as I still want to call Charlie my baby, I've come to the realization that she is not - she is a little girl. She is really smart and talkative - sometimes too talkative. She sings all the time. She has gotten to where she likes to listen to regular music on the radio instead of her Disney songs (fine by me). The drive to El Campo this past weekend was the easiest we've had since she's been born, hands down. She watched a movie for about an hour and 1/2 and the rest of the way she jammed out to songs with mommy and daddy ("turn it louder daddy!").
She is really into pretend play right now. She loves to give checkups with her doctor kit and she loves playing with her "dog house" (doll house for the rest of us). This girl plays rough, and sometimes I think she is such a tomboy. And other days she is all about princesses and being pretty. I still have a hard time getting her to wear bows. Every now and then she requests one, but most of the time she goes for the disheveled look.
Potty training is going so much better these days. She actually stayed dry in panties the whole trip to and from El Campo this weekend. Almost everyday last week she came home from school accident free. Now there are still accidents, but they are becoming few and far between. It usually happens when she is distracted. We still have some work to do, but we are getting there. Potty training has by far been the most challenging thing I have experienced with her thus far.
She is little miss independent. If she drops something, you better not pick it up for her, or help her up if she falls. She wants to do it herself. She is also really into helping - one of her favorites is unloading the dishwasher. She also likes to press the buttons on the washing machine and dryer.
We had her second dentist visit recently, and she did wonderfully. She let the hygenist use the spin brush and even floss. Ever since our visit to Dr. Mary, she has been much more enthusiatic about brushing her teeth - so I am thankful for that.
This weekend we went to a baby shower for my soon-to-be niece or nephew (I'm guessing boy BTW) and Aunt Kay Lynne. Charlie was such a little lady, and I'm pretty sure she loved it. But 2.5 cups of sherbet punch and a piece of cake led to a pretty rough stomach ache that evening - poor little turkey.
 |
| Helping daddy vacuum pack sausage |
 |
| Ice cream!! |
 |
| Potty time |
 |
| Bubble beard |
 |
| Sipping on her "coffee" |
 |
| So excited to meet my niece or nephew in 6 weeks or so! |
No comments:
Post a Comment