The weather was perfect so we spent a majority of our time at the beach or in the pool. I wanted Charlie to work on her swim skills because last week at swim lessons didn't go so well. We made some progress while on vacay. She will swim holding on to a noodle and nothing else, but she is determined to NOT put her face in the water. This past Tuesday, her teacher said he could tell a difference because was less tense, but she still prefers to swim like a dog. We'll get there I guess.
The trip to Port A was much too short, and I'm already planning on going for a much longer trip next summer. I'm trying to cram a bunch of fun summer things into June/July, while I can still travel and while I still feel decent.
Somewhere in the last couple of weeks, I ended up in the third trimester. I think it's funny how last pregnancy, I was counting down the days until a milestone, and this one they are sneaking up on me or passing me by without me even realizing it.
I'm happy to report I don't have any swelling (yet - I know it's coming). I am starting to feel more run down at the end of the day, and it's much harder to get up in the mornings. I feel like I should be doing more to prepare for this baby, but at the same time I'm like "eh, we still have 9-10 weeks." I feel like I will be using the month of August to do all of my prep work.
People often ask me if it's easier or harder the second time. I'd say both. It's easier because you are less focused/worried about every little thing and it seems to go by faster. But it's harder because you are exhausted from having to take care of someone besides yourself. The first pregnancy, naps were my middle name. I'm not getting very many of those these days.
I think Charlie is starting to wonder what's going on. We've been talking about this baby for months, and now she is just wondering if she is ever going to get here.



No comments:
Post a Comment