Thursday, July 3, 2014

This and that

As I'm getting closer to having this baby, I'm starting to freak out about Charlie not being an only child anymore about me not having as much time for her. So as tired as I get, I'm trying to be a trooper and do as much fun stuff with her while I can because, while it's a blur, I seem to remember the first few months with a newborn of being quite chaotic and all over the place.

So even though we had just spent a weekend at the beach, and I was really hoping to relax for a weekend, I decided last minute to take Charlie to Splashway in Sheridan with my mom the next weekend. It was worth because Charlie loved it, and she asks me all the time when we are going back to the fun place. And this past weekend, we made a trip out to the lake. It was so fun, but we were all wiped afterwards.

All the swimming on weekends has been helping her with swim lessons as well. She was actually begging to jump off the side during the last week. She was doing so well, that I decided to sign her up for the second session. However, this time we are doing Saturday classes and the last one is the Saturday before I'm supposed to have this baby - I might be a little crazy...

I was hoping for a stress-free short week at work this week before traveling for the next 2 weekends. But yesterday, while parked right out front of Charlie's school, my driver's side window was smashed and my purse was stolen. It's really my own fault, as we had been warned that this was happening at daycares all over Austin - I just never expected them to be so brazen as to break into cars parked so close to the school. Luckily, they didn't get anything that couldn't be replaced. And they left my cell phone and laptop behind - so I'm thankful for that. I was even able to get my debit card and ID back because they tried to cash a check at the bank, and the bank stopped them. Woohoo! The biggest was pain was that I had to get my window replaced. My car has basically been one big nightmare for the past 6 months, and it was really the last thing I wanted to deal with while Jason was out of town.

Can we please just have a calm next 7 weeks while we wait for this baby to get here? 7 weeks - that's just crazy. I still feel like I have a ton to do and I feel like I was so much more prepared before Charlie was born. But I guess it will get done.

Lake Time

Hot mess this one

Watching the sandlot with daddy

Smiley



1 comment:

  1. I definitely worry about Lucas no longer being the only child and how I'm going to make time for him and a newborn. I feel like it's really going to be tough since Lucas has been used to being an only child for 3 years! I'm sure it'll be tough but all will work out!

    ReplyDelete