Thursday, January 22, 2015

5 months!

Sybil is 5 months old! We are almost halfway through her first year, and I can't believe it. It's hard to remember what life was like before she joined our family.

At 5 months, Sybil is:
  • Wearing size 2 diapers
  • Wearing 3-6 months clothes (long, but slightly thinner than her sister was)
  • Taking 5-6 bottles a day (6oz)
  • Eating baby food once a day - so far we have gotten through apples, carrots, and bananas
  • Practicing sitting by ourselves
  • Reaching for things and learning how to take her paci out and put it back in
  • Sleeping through the night (bedtime is anytime between 7:30-8:30 depending on how well she napped at school)
She is super smiley and she loves to look around and see what's going on. She loves watching Charlie, who is always trying to entertain her. It doesn't take much to set her off though. If you look at her the wrong way or if she sees someone else crying, she will just lose it, turn red in the face, and sob like crazy. 

Sleeping is almost back to normal since my last post. I bought a Merlin's magic sleep suit that I read about online, and it has been gold. It looks kind of weird, but it's supposed to help them transition from sleeping swaddled to sleeping with their arms out. I did let her sleep in a sleep sack the other night, and she did find, but she still tends to put her hands all over her face and wake herself up a lot. We will try to transition to those every couple of nights and see how it goes. 

Monday, the girls' school was closed so I took the day off. It was such a perfect day to be out of the office. We got to enjoy a picnic in the park. Charlie loved it. The girls were so good all day, and it made me realize how blessed I am to have such good kids.

Charlotte is just so grown up now that she is a big sis. She has started buckling herself into the carseat, which is a huge help for me. She has just a vivid imagination, and she cracks me up daily. I can't believe she is going to be 4 this year!



She's really interested in what Charlie eats



Driving a truck full of boys - sounds about right


No comments:

Post a Comment