Monday, March 2, 2015

February

Ok so let's catch up on February!

First, we celebrated our nephew, Luke's 1st birthday. The weather was so nice that day - a little windy, but not cold at all. I should have known it wouldn't last.

The weekend of Valentine's Day, we went and stayed at the Hensley/Motal/Stary's new bayhouse. There were a ton of kids there so Charlotte had a blast. We left Sybil at my parents. Well of course, anytime we try to get away and have a little fun, something goes wrong. Charlie had fallen asleep with Maggie and Marion in their bed, so that's where we left her...until I get jolted out of bed in the wee hours of the morning by Laura who was telling me that Charlie was throwing up. That was fun. Hopefully, we didn't do too much damage to the BRAND NEW bay house. :( I think it was just a combination of lots of v-day treats that did her stomach in, because after she fell back asleep, she was fine. Thank goodness. But then Sunday morning, my dad called bright and early because my mom had some sort of stomach bug and they were worried about Sybil getting it. Yay. So we drove back to El Campo at the break of dawn.

I was ready for a quiet week after that, but of course life had other plans for me. On Tuesday, I got a call from school that Charlie had....LICE! Omg, cue freak out. I know it happens, but I was grossed out and felt horrible that I may have passed it on to 12 other kids the weekend before. Luckily, I don't think any of them got it. But we had a super fun day (Jason was traveling) of treating her awesomely curly (and did I mention super hard to comb through) hair and mine too (I had been sleeping with her over the weekend). It's been 2 weeks now, so I hope hope hope we are in the clear and that those suckers do not come back. Austin actually has places that will deal with the lice for you and trust me, if there is ever a next time, that's the route I'm going. Aint nobody got time for that crap.

The past couple of weeks have been gross - cold/rainy/icy. I'm over it. Jason was at the Houston cookoff last weekend, so we seriously hunkered down and didn't leave the house. I made sure I had plenty of activities to keep Charlie busy (thank you pinterest) because I was not about to go out in that mess with 2 kids. No thank you. Here's hoping spring shows it's face very soon!

Sybil was learning how to sit up at the beginning of February

Luke Ryan




My valentines



Getting treated for lice - :(




Making homemade slime

1 comment:

  1. Getting lice sounds terrible! Good to know that it's worth it to just have someone else deal with it for you rather than treating it at home.

    ReplyDelete