Sybil turned 8 months old last Wednesday. It snuck up on me, and I didn't even realize it until the day after. Oops.
We had a checkup last Monday, since she had ear infections the month before, and wouldn't you know it - double ear infections again! I knew it. She was not acting like herself the prior weekend. Poor baby. We are finishing up a new antibiotic this week so hopefully they clear up this time.
Right now she is in size 3 diapers and 6-9 month clothing. She takes about 5 6-7 ounce bottles each day and about 3 solids with some snacks in between. She likes to eat. She still doesn't have any teeth, which is shocking to me because I feel like she has been teething forever.
She really really really wants to crawl, but she just can't manage to scoot forward on her knees. She is really good at stretching and rolling to get to where she wants to go though. And this weekend she started pulling up (that I am NOT ready for). But I shouldn't be surprised because that girl loves to stand.
Her sleeping sucks (there I said it). It's actually probably not that bad, but compared to my miracle sleeper, Charlie, it's awful. I had bought this thing called "Merlin's magic sleep suit" back when she was 4-5 months old to transition out of swaddling. Well let's just say that thing is so magical that I ended up buying another a size bigger, and we still use it. I hate that we use it, but some nights its the only way she will sleep. I do have nights where I try to have to sleep without and sometimes she does make it all night. But typically, she will sleep til 12 or 1 and then I have to put her in the suit to get to her go back to sleep. Other nights when I need some extra rest, I put her in the sleep sack from the very beginning. I keep telling myself I have time to break her of that habit, and I hope I'm not making things worse for myself in the future. Time will tell.
This weekend we took the girls to a wedding (Jason's old roommate). It was an hour away, outside, and at 6pm, so I was prepared for the worst. But the girls did great! Sybil was a little loud during the ceremony (just talking), but she never really got fussy and stayed up way past her bedtime. Charlie loved the wedding. She had a blast dancing. She kept saying that the bride was the queen.
 |
| She's growing up so fast! |
 |
| Morning snuggles in mommy's bed |
 |
| My little cuties |
 |
| 8 months old |
 |
| She looks like she is up to no good |
 |
| Haha, look mom, I'm standing! |
No comments:
Post a Comment