Friday, March 27, 2015

7 months of Sybil Lu

Another month has come and gone. March has been a busy month for us. I turned 31 (wah wah), Sybil turned 7 months (and got her first ear infections), and my dad had knee replacement surgery. 

At the beginning of the month, I celebrated my birthday. Since I was preggers last year, and didn't get to ring in my 30s properly, J took me to the riverwalk in SA to let my hair down for the weekend. It was wonderful and much needed. 

The next week, my dad had knee replacement surgery. For those of you who don't know my dad, he is mister always outside, always tinkering with something. I mean, the day before surgery, he was standing on a ladder building a roof for my parents' pergola. So let's just say this not being able to move around thing is not for him. He's slowing getting better though.

Annnnnnnd our littlest girl turned 7 months. This one keeps me on my toes. The sleeping situation changes day by day, and just when I think I have figured her out, she changes on me. But we love her to pieces and can't imagine our lives without her. 

At 7 months, Sybil is:

  • toothless - I was sure she was going to pop one out by now, but nothing
  • wearing size 2 diapers and 6 month clothing (she's definitely on the skinnier side)
  • loves her solids - takes 2 a day (about to up it to 3) and we have started yogurt melts and those little cheeto looking things in addition to the mum mums (might try her on some avocado slices this weekend)
  • trying to crawl but hasn't figured it out 100% - she is more of a scooter
  • tries to pull up from sitting on our laps
  • loves Avril and LOVES Charlie
  • talks a lot - favorite thing to say is Da-da (typical)
A couple of weeks ago, I was bragging about how Sybil really hasn't been sick (why did I do that), and sure enough last Wednesday she got sent home from school with fever. I went ahead and took her to the doc to check her ears and sure enough - both were infected. Poor girl. But, I'll take ear infections b/c you can get meds for that! So I thought, phew, that was easy (why did I do that), and then she got sent home again on Wednesday with fever. Now, that time I think it was related to teeth as it was very low-grade, but hey fever is fever which means no school, which means mommy trying to work from home with a very distracting co-worker. But we survived, and she is back at school today. 

I'm kind of really ready for her to figure crawling out so she doesn't freak out if I leave her alone for 2 seconds and then I remind myself, once she learns how to crawl I literally cannot leave her along for 2 seconds. Bah! 

Charlie's world is much of the same, but she is just getting to be so grown up that it baffles me. She has started reflecting some of my mannerisms, and it's funny that I didn't realize the way I did or said certain things until she starting doing them too. She knows her birthday is coming up and it's pretty much all she talks about. And all of a sudden she is really really into Tarzan. And she has the memory of a hawk, or an elephant - whatever, she has a good memory.

Teething at the doc

Pathetic

"Fashional" as Charlie says 

7 months

Visiting the fair

Catching some rays

St. Patty's Day

1 comment:

  1. She is precious!! I'm so sorry she had ear infections!! Those are no fun but the meds help right away which is nice!

    ReplyDelete