Sometimes, looking at Sybil, I get sad that Charlie is not a baby anymore. But I had so much fun with her at age 3, and I'm really looking forward to age 4.
I need to interview her to get her faves, but this is what she is into/up to these days:
- Loves Frozen (still), like every other little girl on the planet
- Is very girly in that she likes to wear skirts and dresses all the time, but is also outdoorsy and likes to play sports and wrestle with the boys
- Very dramatic - even some of her teachers have told me they see her being an actress when she grows up (Lord help us)
- Loves to sing - she is pretty good at picking up a song after she hears it once in the car (which is good and bad, depending on the song :) )
- She's a picky eater in that she wants what she wants when she wants it, and she takes FOREVER to eat - it is a daily battle; that being said, she likes some things that I wouldn't think a 4 year old would like, such as olives. She is an olive eating fool
- She LOVES her sister to the point that it annoys me most days - let's just say she is not as gentle as she needs to be
- She plays soccer through a program called soccer shots at school. She's been doing it almost a year and she likes it
- She has requested dancing, but it's nearly impossible to find dance classes for little ones that aren't at 2pm or something weird like that, so we are doing a dance camp in July. If she likes it, we will look around for options to continue
- We will be doing swimming lessons again this summer, and I really hope she does better about sticking her face in the water this time.
Charlotte's birthday was a little crazy this year. We moved the weekend right before her birthday. So we have been looking for a new house FOREVER (I'm not exaggerating). We finally found a larger house on 2 acres right outside of Austin. We have been there for less than 2 weeks, so we are still adjusting and organizing, but so far I love it and so do the girls (well I think Sybil does). We have deer in our backyard almost daily, which fascinates Charlie. There is a lot of room for us to roam around. That being said, I'm getting used to the downsides of living in the country - bigger bugs. I'm pretty sure all this rain isn't helping keep them out of the house either. Oh and our old house sold and we are closing on it next Monday - fingers crossed all goes as planned.
So back to my original point, Charlie's birthday was a little out of sorts. But thanks to my mother in law, she still had not 1, but 2 cakes on her actual birthday (Frozen and Tarzan - yes she loves Tarzan). She woke up to balloons in her room and a big girl bicycle from mommy and daddy. The first day on the bike did not go well, but after that she got better and now she looks like a pro. I took cupcakes to school so they could have a little party there. So even though our house was crazy, she still got spoiled on her special day.
| Our big 4 year old |
| Charlie and I at her school play |



No comments:
Post a Comment