Friday, May 29, 2015

9 months old

Sybil Lucille is 9 months old and into everything!

Charlie was never the baby that would crawl all over the play and pull things off shelves or pull up on the fireplace. Oh but Sybil is different, and she is proving that. I think it's funny that she learned how to pull up before she learned how to crawl. So once she figured out the crawling part, she was everywhere. And she is getting brave - starting to let go here and there. Her balance needs major work though.

We've made the transition to table food. I did learn to NOT give her avocado. She does not like it, and she will throw up everything if you give it to her. Other than that, we are doing pretty good with it. It's just hard to remember what I used to give Charlie at this age. Oh and it's a mess - I forgot how messy it could be.

Sleeping is still wishy washy with Sybil. Since we've moved, we have had way more good nights over bad nights, but it's still a challenge. It's harder to get her to go down at nightime now, and I think it's because she wants to keep moving and playing with Charlie. I think with Charlie was 9 months old, I was able to put her in her crib while she was awake, and she would put herself to sleep. Yeah - I do NOT see that happening with Sybil.

Sybil has a bit of an attitude. If you tell her no, she will make a really ticked off face. And when she is really upset, watch out, because she can be LOUD.

She learned how to wave bye-bye recently and we are working on saying uh-oh.

She's a momma's girl right now, and sometimes I have to walk out of the room because if she sees me she will start crying for me to pick her up.

I can't remember the stats from her check up last week (second kid syndrome) but I do know she is average for height and 25th percentile for weight (still a little shrimpy). She currently does NOT have an ear infection (*knocks on wood*) but she has fluid on her ears. We will check again in a month, and if it's still there we will be referred to an ENT specialist. I'm hoping we don't have to resort to tubes.

You probably can't tell from pictures, but Sybil has a lot of hair - much more than Charlie at this age. And it's got a little red tint to it.

It's hard to believe at the end of this summer she will be 1! Time definitely goes even faster with the second kid.

Pulling up everywhere and proud of herself

Riding out the tornado warning last Saturday

Bath fun


No comments:

Post a Comment