Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August

Oh what a busy month August was.

Sybil gave up crawling all together by the end of July and her main mode of transportation became walking.

On August 12, Sybil got tubes. I was not that worried about the procedure other than her not being able to eat or drink anything after midnight. She'd been having some rough nights lately. Let's just say she was up from about 11:30-4am the night before surgery, which meant I was exhausted. My mom had come up to stay with Charlotte, since we had to be at the hospital at 6am. I'm so thankful they had a wagon there for us to occupy Sybil with because that was the longest 1.5 hours of my life. Trying to entertain a cranky, hungry baby is the pits.

The procedure was super fast and before we knew it we were back home napping! Yay. We haven't had any issues with the tubes. Overall Sybil has been sleeping better too.

August was also a big month for Charlotte. We got her first ever haircut. I'd been toying around with this idea for a while. Her hair had become quite hard for me to tame it the mornings, regardless of how much detangler I used. I figured it was time because the ends of her hair were over 4 years old. We had talked about it with her a lot over the last few months, so she was ready. She just kept asking me if it was going to hurt. The place we went to was awesome. She got to pick out a movie to watch while they cut her hair. I don't think she wanted to leave. And I can tell a big difference in the texture of her hair. I was happy with the end result.

At the end of the month, both girls moved to new rooms at school. Charlotte started Pre-K 4, her last year at Country Home. And Sybil started in the toddler room. Poor Sybil had to transition to 1 nap a day, which I don't think she was quite ready for. But she is adjusting.

I'm very happy with Charlotte's new class. Her teacher has a little sternness in her which is exactly what my little rebel child needs these days! :)

All hooked up for surgery

Taking a ride

Sweet sister hugs

Char getting ready to get her hair did

She looks a little nervous, no?


Celebrating no tears with ice cream

Reunited with Maggie


1st day of Pre-K 4

1st day in the toddler room - not a fan

No comments:

Post a Comment