Well this summer has been busy - busier than I thought.
You might remember that we moved to our new house mid-May. And then my office moved downtown the next month. I'm still getting adjusted to both moves. I'm loving both of them though.
The house is still a work in progress - pictures on the walls are just not a priority at the moment! :) We'll get there one day I suppose.
June was extra busy because Charlotte had swim lessons twice a week. Most days, I had to take Sybil with us and that turned out to be quite hectic. Charlotte also hated the lessons. Hated might be too strong of a word, but she just didn't thrive there. She would do good until they wanted her to get her face wet. What is it with girls and getting their faces wet? Anyway, we finally got her to where she would dip her face under quickly, but when it came time to go under to get the rings, not having it AT ALL. I decided one month of swim lessons were enough because it was way too much stress for both of us.
Well wouldn't you know ever since, Charlotte has been asking me like crazy when she can go back to swim lessons. Ugh. Typical. I'm not falling for it though. I know as soon as we go back, it will be meltdown town.
After the fourth of July, it was time for mommy and daddy to go on a vacation with their friends. It was our first real trip since November 2013, so it was overdue. We went to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was wonderful, but I missed the girls like crazy. They got some much needed time with both sets of grandparents though. I know they both got spoiled and loved on.
And many of you know that a special member of our family, our beloved lab, Avril,went to dog heaven last week. She lived a good, long life, but it was hard nonetheless. Thankfully, she had been staying at my parents' since we had put our house on the market back in May. And with the move and the vacation, and the Texas heat, we decided it would be better if she stayed there indefinitely. So I'm thankful that the girls weren't use to seeing her everyday anyway. It would have made it harder. I don't think Charlotte fully understands that she is gone, but that's ok.
So now we are just trying to enjoy was is left of summer and staying cool as the heat is now fully upon us.
Thursday, July 23, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment