I realize this post is coming a bit late for Thanksgiving. I kept meaning to start this blog up again last week, but with the holidays and Black Friday shopping, time got away from me.
I am always thankful for my family, friends, and all of the blessings in my life that I tend to take for granted. However, this year I am feeling extra thankful because our family is about to become a bit bigger.
Jason and I found out we are expecting our first child on September 12 (our anniversary - how cute)! The first half of 2010 was an extremely hard year for us. Jason was such a huge support to me during that time, and I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten through it without him. I also had tremendous support from both of our parents, our siblings, our friends, and some really amazing co-workers. I seriously do take for granted all the wonderful people God had put into my life! So needless to say, after a really horrible start to 2010, we were so beyond thrilled to find out I am pregnant.
Those of you that know me know that I am a worrier by nature. I don't like to think of myself as a pessimist but I'm always preparing for the worst case scenario. I would like to be one of those blissfully unaware women who just coasts through their pregnancy smoothly. But of course, that's not me. We had a couple of "incidents" early on so I went to the doctor more during the 1st trimester than most women do. But, I love my doctor, and she has been very reassuring and PATIENT with me. I'm one of those people that compares myself to everyone else. I didn't have hardly any morning sickness - some of you are thinking "she's lucky" whereas I was thinking "I want to throw up too, what's wrong with me?" Yes - I'm a little crazy. Finally after 3 doctor appointments and getting to see our little wiggler twice, I'm feeling a lot better/more confident about this pregnancy. However, I would really like to start showing. I don't just mean this gross beer belly looking thing I have going on right now. I mean full on pregnant belly. Once again, I know some of you moms are thinking I'm nuts. :) That's just me.
Now for the shocker - we are not finding out the gender of our baby. That's right - me, the planner. What am I thinking? I don't really know. I guess I have convinced myself that the moment of finding out the day the baby is born will be so worth the long months of waiting. We shall see. I must say it's rather fun to speculate based on heart rates, my cravings, etc. I can tell you right now I'm split pretty much down the middle - the baby has a high heart rate and I have sweet cravings, but both the Chinese calendar and the pencil test told me boy. Only time will tell.
Well I suppose I should wrap this up. I will be leaving soon to go to my very first prenatal yoga class. I'm pretty excited, although a little nervous as I'm new to yoga. I was supposed to be going with some other Austin preggos that I'm friends with but they had to cancel so I'm going solo. But I hope to meet some mommies to be in my area that I can befriend! :)
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Samantha, I'm so thrilled for you and also so freaked out. We got married at the same time and now you are having a little one! I hope you post often over the coming months, I really want to hear how this goes. :) You can be my guinea pig. Take care. We are here in town and I'd be glad to do anything I can do help you. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you started blogging again! I'm so excited to follow your journey. Can't wait to see you at a baby shower soon!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you started blogging again. You have an official stalker now :). I'm so happy for you guys and cant wait to see what baby P is. Congrats again.
ReplyDelete