Tuesday, April 19, 2011

35 weeks and Shamu has nothing on me

I went in for another round of monitoring this morning. These appointments don't last more than 10 minutes, but I don't mind because it helps me relax knowing my fluid levels are good and that the baby is doing just fine in there. I need to count how many pictures of Baby P I have accumulated so far because there are a ton! I get at least 3 everytime I go. Baby P was super active this morning as usual (thank you apple juice), so the tech said everything looks perfect. That makes me happy.

I will go back again next Tuesday for the same type of appointment and then next Thursday will be the first of my internal exams. I'm so excited. I swear I have pregnancy brain and then some. I cannot focus on anything other than baby stuff. I freak out constantly about the amount of things I have left to do to the nursery. I need to get my butt in gear.

I am so past the point of being cute. I am so past the point of caring. But seriously people, please learn some manners. This weekend I had someone ask me how many more weeks I had. I said 5 and he said "That is going to be one big baby." Thanks for giving me even more anxiety! Sunday night, Jason and I went to a chinese buffet (I know I know, but I gotta take advantage now right?), and the waitress said "Oh you are close right? How much longer do you have?" My mouth was full so I held up 5 fingers and she said "Oh 5 days." I shook my head "No, 5 weeks." The face she made said it all. It seriously put a damper on my buffet experience. I seriously think I would have gotten another plate full of food if it wasn't for her. Then yesterday, I went to the grocery store after work. The cashier got some teenage boy to grab my cart to push it outside for me. Really? I'm pregnant, but I'm not broken. I told him I could do it myself. The cashier literally told the boy that she was going to write him up if he didn't help me. Poor kid - so I let him help. But really? Do I look that helpless? I guess I should be thankful that someone wanted to help instead of just comment on my size. But it felt so weird watching someone put the groceries in my car when I'm very capable of doing it myself.

So after all of that it finally hit me - I am huge. I embrace it - I know it's for the good of the baby. But do people honestly think I need them to remind me of it every day. I told Jason yesterday that part of me wishes I could just stay home and avoid people for the next few weeks. Oh and don't even get me started on how sick of maternity clothes I am. It's a daily struggle right now to be comfortable, and I really don't care if I wear the same shirt two or even THREE days a week.

Ok after this rant, I just want to say that being pregnant is a gift and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just wish people had a little more sense.

Oh and for any fellow preggers out there or for anyone that wants to give a preggers an awesome gift, check out http://www.bloomingpregnancyspa.com/. My sister gave mea  massage from there, and I got it on Friday. Oh man - it was pure heaven.

And with that I leave you with a picture of our little peanut.

4 comments:

  1. This post cracked me up. You are not huge by any means. You are all baby and you don't even look pregnant from the back. Now, if you had gained 50+ pounds then maybe it would be a different story. I am getting so anxious to meet Samson. I often find myself in lala land wondering what the little guy will look like. May is going to be such a big and exciting month for our family. Hang in there sis. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me laughing I totally feel you! People need to remember what their mom taught them in kindergarten, "if you don't have nothing nice to say then don't say anything" Keep your mouth closed until you are growing a baby inside your belly for 40 weeks!!! I know you look adorable and he/she is going to be here so soon!!!!!
    Can't wait to see the nursery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look Shamu....haha j/k!!! Don't worry about what the crazy people say! One of my students told me today that my "basket" inflates a little more each week! haha
    I feel ya on the being uncomfortable part...especially in clothes! I really wish I could wear panties (my new maternity ones) and a sports bra out in public! haha And then scare everyone...
    Hang in there...we are almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you look awesome!! Everytime they try to help me at HEB I just tell them no and grab the basket and hurry out. As for being uncomfortable I finally bought me a few dresses at motherhood and I love them they make me feel so good. I only bought 4 but pretty soon I will probably start wearing those to work every week...everyone will just have to get use to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete