It's been a very busy week for me. Sunday night, I went to breastfeeding class. I must say, I wasn't sure how worthwhile this was going to be but I'm so glad I went. The class was super informative - even though the instructor was just a tad on the nutty side. It's so weird because no one tells you how hard breastfeeding can be until you get pregnant and then you hear horror stories.
Tuesday, I had my weekly ultrasound to check on baby's fluid. Everything is still looking great. I asked if I could get baby's weight (I'm a little worried about that) and she said they measure growth every 4 weeks so I'll get an estimate next week. Ok fine - I'll weight. I counted out all of my ultrasound pictures so far, and I have nearly 30 pics of Baby P so far. Isn't that crazy?!?
Wednesday, I had a rough day. I woke up with my feet swollen already. That can't be good. I elevated my feet at work and drank lots of water. They were killing me by the time I went home. Check them out!!
I had to rush off to infant care class after work. I was a single mom because Jason had to travel for work this week. It actually worked out because he was supposed to travel next week, but they moved it up a week and this made him feel better because he was afraid I would go into labor without him. Luckily, my brother-in-law, Garrett has been staying with me all week, just in case. But since infant care class is only offered once a month, I had to fly solo. Not a big deal. This class was also very informative, and I got to practice swaddling. Oh and they showed us the 5 things to do to calm a crying baby. I'll be sure to let y'all know if they actually work when the time comes. Check out my practice buddy.
This morning I had my 36 week OB appointment. This was my first internal exam. The doctor told me I am 50% effaced and 1-2 cm dilated. I was like wow, because I was thinking I was going to be locked up like Fort Knox. She said this is a good place to start at 36 weeks but she isn't worried about the baby coming before next week's appointment. That's fine with me. Whenever baby wants to come - I was just concerned that the longer it stays in there the more likely it will be huge. So I asked the doctor to give me a weight estimate and she said she doesn't think the baby is over 6lbs right now. This made me feel better because if you remember my ultrasound at 33 weeks estimated 5.6lbs. I'll be happy with an 8, or even an 8 1/2 pounder but once we start getting into the 9lb range, that scares me. Also I know it makes the delivery more risky and you can frature poor baby's clavicle. No thank you. I must stay the internal exam was quite uncomfortable but it only lasted about 10-15 seconds and I've just been feeling a little crampy today. Nothing that bad.
I'm happy the weekend is almost here. I have no idea what my plans are, but I want to catch up on my sleep and maybe do a little spring cleaning. Being kind of lazy sounds pretty good too though.
Here is a belly shot at 36 weeks. It's a little grainy because it's on my iphone since my photographer was out of town this week! :)



Sam you look great!!!! YAY for progress already, he or she is going to be here sooooo soon!
ReplyDelete