Saturday, I got up and went to yoga (even though I was dreading it - I felt like I needed to do something). When I got home, Jason had put together the table/shelf thing and hung the curtain rod in the baby's room. Woohoo!! I got to work, organizing diapers, clothes, toys, knick knacks, you name it. I got pretty much everything where I wanted it. And the bassinet made the official move into our bedroom. Just a little while ago, Jason hung a shelf for me in the baby's room and set up the monitor. So I'm pretty much thinking the room is done until after the baby gets here. No bedding and no curtains for now. The walls need some decor but I'm holding off on that too. But I've pretty much decided no more work on this room. It's going to be hard though because it's so much more fun that organizing/cleaning the rest of the house. But I've been trying. I think Jason and I are packrats, and with all the new baby stuff, I've realized we need to let some stuff go. *Editor's note - Jason says this statemetn is untrue and that he is only a packrat when it comes to shirts (which is very true). I have no idea how to explain why we have yet to get rid of some of the useless stuff in our house now. :)
Even though we are sad we didn't spend Easter weekend with our families, we had a great little Easter just the "three" of us (four - I can't forget Avril). We even had a little date night last night. I guess I'll just relax the rest of the day until I go to breastfeeding class (yes on Easter, I don't think they realized it when they scheduled the class).
Oh and I have to mention our newest little cousin that was born Thurday. Jason's cousin, Justin, and his wife Amanda welcomed their first baby into this world - a little girl, Kennedy Reese Klekar. I've only seen a couple of pictures, but she is a doll. I can't wait to meet her in person!
Happy Easter everyone - I hope your weekend has been filled with many blessings.
Before our date night
Nursery pics
Our "baby" we were using when setting up the monitor! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment