Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Am I going to be pregnant forever?

I still have 8 days until this baby is technically due. But seriously, I feel like May is going to pass us by and I'm still going to be pregnant. I'm sure all you moms out there (especially the ones that had their babies come late) want to strangle me about now. I really do feel like this pregnancy has lasted so long though. I think it's because of our previous loss, my surgery, and the immediate jumping into trying to get pregnant again. It has felt like way more than 9 months.

Everyone at work assumed I would be gone by now. My boss comes back from her maternity leave on Monday, and it's going to be so weird to still be here when she is here too. The baby has been measuring big this whole time, so why doesn't it just want to come out already? :) I know it doesn't work like that. I'm anxious for my appointment tomorrow to see if I've made any more progress and to find out what my doc's plans are. Maybe she won't let me go so far past my due date because of course she isn't going to want to deliver during Memorial Day weekend right? :) Here's hoping.

I do feel like my body is doing "something" these days. I have a few periods of "contractions." I put these in quotes because honestly I don't know if they are contractions. I mean, really, how are you supposed to know what something feels like if you have never experienced it in your life. But they definitely aren't comfortable so let's just pretend like they are contractions anyway ok? Also - baby feels lower - maybe all the walking I've been doing is finally starting to work.

I'm not sure how many women actually work up until their due date, but I'm telling you, it's for the birds. I give all the teachers and nurses (and other jobs that keep you on your feet) props because I sit on my butt for a majority of the day and it still sucks. I think I'm in a pregnancy fog - but luckily my co-workers are super understanding, and I've been doing a little work from home this week. I'm so lucky to be able to do that sometimes. If I ever want to get some sympathy at the office, I just show people my ankles and that does the trick.

On a sidenote - this week is a little bittersweet for me and my family. My sister and Dean are getting married this Saturday. I could not be happier for them, but sadly Jason and I are going to have to miss it. Baby P is just being stubborn and keeping us guessing, and it would not be wise of us to travel 2 1/2 hours away from our hospital this close to my due date. I definitely wish I could be there, but I have to put the health and well-being of this little one first.

I hope to have a good update for y'all tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm already so ready to have this baby and I'm only 32 weeks! I can't image how I'm going to be at 39 weeks! I have a feeling that mine isn't going to come until 40 weeks or after. I know we shouldn't complain because there are so many people who don't go full term but man this whole waiting and being uncomfortable thing is getting tough!

    I'm so sorry that you're going to have to miss your sisters wedding! You must be devastated!

    Best wishes for tomorrows appointment!

    ReplyDelete