Here's what she is up to these days:
- Eats every 2-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 hours at night*
- Smiles spontaneously
- Will look toward mommy or daddy when they are talking
- Makes a sigh noise after being fed (it's stinking adorable)
- Is able to lift up her head and turn it from one side to the other during tummy time (although she grunts a lot while doing it because she gets tired)
I'm introducing formula sooner than I thought I would because I had actually planned on breastfeeding for much longer than I now plan to. Breastfeeding is wonderful and we've had great success with it, but I know now that there is no way I can continue it when I go back to work. I would have to pump every 2-3 hours and I just don't see that happening. I'm going to continue breastfeeding for a few more weeks, while supplementing with formula, but I want to be totally done by the time I go back to work in August. Charlie really doesn't seem to care what she is eating, as long as she is getting plenty of it!
We have definitely become pros at running errands together. It's nice to be able to get out of the house for an hour or 2 during the day. On Wednesday, Charlotte got to meet her Hawkeye family. For those of you that don't know, the company I work for is Hawkeye Partners. Everyone was so happy to see Charlie and they oohed and aahed over her. On the way home, we stopped at daddy's office to meet his secretary, Nadine. We try to do most of our errands before lunchtime because it has just been so ridiculously hot in Austin the past two weeks. The high today is 105 - yikes!!
I finally get to go for MY checkup on Tuesday. Bebe is coming up to visit with Charlotte so I can go to the doctor by myself. I am hoping I get the ok to start working out because even though I have lost almost all of the pregnancy weight, my normal clothes are not quite fitting yet. So I pretty much rotate the same 4 outfits these days - at least no one really sees me that much! :)



Glad to hear things are going well. Let me know how the transition to formula goes. I can't picture myself pumping at work either. When do you have to go back to work? Take care!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she is 1month already!!! Time is just flying by with her but I feel like standing still here being pregnant. Definitely feeling your 38 week pain now :). She is adorable and Sam you look fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteKinsey - I'm going back mid August!
ReplyDeleteTraci - hang in there girl!! Vivi will be here so soon! Can't wait to see her!!