Monday, June 13, 2011

Out and about

Charlie has been a busy girl. Last Thursday, we had our first outing (besides her doctor visits). We made a very quick trip to HEB. I put Charlie in the Moby wrap. I was skeptical of that thing at first, but I have  a friend that swears by her's and I'll tell you - it's pretty fantastic. The only bad part is that being that it's 100 degrees outside, it does make you a little hot, but Charlie didn't seem to mind it and she slept the whole time. Friday, we went to both Target and Academy. This time we took the stroller. It was a bit more work to get her in and out of the car, but it was easier to manuever around the stores with her.

Saturday was time for our first "big" trip. We went to the lake. Jason and I have this spot we have been going to in Lago Vista for years. It takes almost an hour to get there but it's worth it. Charlotte of course slept the whole ride there and then she slept for a majority of the time we were out there. We went pretty early to avoid the heat and we took a giant umbrella that Charlie sat under. I couldn't find a bathing suit to fit her, so she just hung out in her summer dress. I was brave enough to sport a bikini (that didn't really fit), but there weren't any people around and I wanted some color - so sue me. It was so nice to get out of the house for a while, and I did manage to work on my tan! I guess Charlotte slept too much during the day on Saturday because that night was awful. She was awake from 3:30-5:30am, and I was about to lose my mind.

Sunday we took our longest trip yet. We drove to Hallettsville to see Jason's grandparents. We also stopped by the St. Mary's picnic, where a lot of his aunts, uncles, and cousins were working. Everyone got to see Charlie - who slept through the whole thing! I think this weekend messed up her schedule because she was up every 2 hours last night. I'm trying to get her back on track because mommy is not a night owl.

I can't believe our little girl will be 4 weeks old this Thursday and then month old on Father's Day! I'm thinking it might be time to transition her to her crib soon. Check back for updates on that!


How sweet is that?






Lake Travis is currently only 56% full. You can really tell to. The place were we hung out on Saturday used to be completely underwater. It's kind of sad.


On our way to Hallettsville - with her first bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment