Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Busy busy

Oh my goodness - we have been very busy lately.

Last week was madness. Tuesday was crazy - I believe Charlotte had a growth spurt - eating every 2 hours on the dot and fussing a lot in between. It was one of those days that I thought there is no way I can do this. Thankfully, Jason took over when he got home from work so I could relax. I made the transition to formula last week, and I think we are liking Enfamil Gentlease. We tried regular Enfamil but she seemed gassy, even with the Malycon. Then I switched to soy, but it didn't seem to make a big difference, and I don't really care for the smell. Charlotte seems to sleep about 7 hours at night when on the Gentlease so that's good enough for me.

Wednesday, we headed to Cedar Park for a photoshoot with Cindy. I was worried about how Charlotte would do since she had such a bad day the day before. But, Cindy was amazing with her and Charlie did pretty good. Cindy had already posted some pics by the time we made it home, and I was so pleased with how they turned out.

Thursday was Jason's 31st birthday. I spent most of the day getting stuff ready for dinner and cleaning up. Charlie was really good that day and even let me and J have dinner together (very rare these days!).

Friday, we left for EC early in the afternoon. Jason headed down to the bay for some fishing, and Charlie and I visited with her grandparents. I did take Charlie down to the bay for just a little bit on Sunday so we could see some of our friends and so I could pick up Jason. I have been such a bad mom lately and haven't been taking many pictures, but Charlie has been keeping so busy that I just forget or am too tired most of the time.

I'm not sure if the weekend wore her out, if she is tired of me changing formulas on her, or what, but yesterday afternoon/evening was a true test for me. Charlotte would wake up crying and would eat just a little bit and then would cry herself to sleep just to wake up crying again. It was heartbreaking. I do believe she had a terrible case of gas because she was spitting up way more than usual and finally around 9, when I was feeding her, she farted like 10 times and then of course she started smiling like crazy. I was so tired but I could not help but laugh. She didn't sleep her 7 hours last night, but it wasn't too bad. I feel a lot better this morning and she has been doing better.

I have to say it is so hard to not know what is wrong with your child when they are crying like that. I just wanted to make her feel better and I couldn't. I was sure I would be calling her doctor this morning, but she seems to be back to herself.

She is almost 7 weeks old, which is unbelievable to me. She is really starting to smiling a lot and every now and then we will get a little coo out of her. I can't wait for her to full on giggle. I feel like I am leaving out so much right now, and I'm sure I am, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Since I've been slacking with pics lately, here are a few that Cindy took. I love them!!




1 comment: