Monday, July 11, 2011

Where does the time go?

Charlotte will be 8 weeks on Thursday and then 2 months next Tuesday! Wow - time is flying.

We traveled to EC for the 3rd weekend in a row (I know - we are crazy). But it was necessary because we had showers for Ryan and Kay Lynne. Saturday was a super busy day. I took Charlie with me to the morning shower where she was passed from person to person. Everyone gave her so  much attention, but after a while I think she decided she had about enough because she was ready to get out of there. Saturday night, Jason and I dropped her off at my parents house so we could go to the couples shower. It was the longest I had every been away from her (about 6 1/2 hours). I'm trying to take these baby steps but I know pretty soon I'll be leaving her for 9 hours a day at day care. Yikes. However, she did great and slept 9 1/2 hours at my parents' house. I am not sure what their secret is because she sure didn't sleep that long last night. Oh well.

Speaking of day care, Stepping Stone called me last week to confirm that Charlotte can start on August 1st. I will take her for 2 weeks of half days and then start back to work full time on Aug 15. I hope by then, we have a pretty good routine and that I'm sort of caught up at work. I do miss my coworkers and I'm looking forward to having adult interaction every day, but I know it's going to be tough to leave my little girl.

This week, I have a list of goals to accomplish (mostly housework). We'll see how far I get on the list. Charlie is definitely more capable of entertaining herself these days so I can put her in a swing or on a blanket for about 1/2 hour before she gets bored. I haven't vacuumed the house in weeks and we have a yellow lab so you can imagine the amount of hair in our house (thank goodness we don't have a crawler yet!). And I'm looking forward to not having to get on the road this weekend and maybe taking Charlie out and about in our beautiful city of Austin.

Bath time

So tired


1 month birthday - my stayin' alive pose


Hanging with daddy


Finally got some pink in the room. Definitely still needs work.




I am trying so hard to stay awake

Charlie and her second cousin, Nick. They are 2 months apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment