Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting so big!

Our little girl is just a growing. I swear everyday I look at her, I think she looks so much bigger than the day before. It makes me a little sad, but she is so much fun right now. When I go in her room in the morning, she gives me the biggest smile and starts kicking her legs like crazy. She is such a ham in the mornings.

We have gone through all of the fruits and have started sweet potatoes. Last week, her daycare teachers told me she has really been watching the other babies that are eating solids - so I might have to increase her solids to 2 a day instead of the one evening feeding we are doing now. I also confirmed with them last Friday that she is getting her first tooth, however, I have not been able to see it in a couple of days because she doesn't like me looking in her mouth.

Her new favorite thing is making a "ba" noise. She will wake up doing it. It's pretty cute. She is also a rolling machine.

This weekend, Laura, Jackson and Maggie came to visit. I don't know if Charlie was excited for visitors or what, but she wanted to party all night Friday night. Not cool, but we made it through. Saturday, Laura and I took the girls shopping, while the boys went to Wurstfest in New Braunfels. We had such a good time, and the girls were tuckered out when we got home. They did so good all day. There was one moment though, when Laura ran into the Apple store and left me with both girls outside. Well they were fine, but all of sudden, Maggie started crying, so I picked her up and then Charlie started crying and then I couldn't figure out how to keep them both calm (parents of twins - I don't know how you do it!!). I texted Laura that I needed help so she came out and grabbed Mags. Haha. But other than that, they were great little shoppers.

Sunday morning, both girls were laying on their activity mats, and I needed to go get something out of my car. Laura was watching them so I ran out real quick. When I came back in I was like "What the heck?" Laura was like "What is going on?" I looked at Charlie and she was half on the rug and half on the tile. Hilarious. Usually she rolls once and stops, but she much have rolled 2 or 3 times to get to where she was and she did it quietly. We could not stop laughing about it! So funny.

When the boys got home, we all went to lunch and then the Motal's left. We had such a great weekend with them and can't wait to hang out again soon. It's so much fun that the girls are so close in age. They are doing a lot of the same things. Maggie is really into the "ba" sound right now too.

So Charlie has been sleeping really well, except now that the time has changed, she is wanting to wake up a little too early, but that's ok.

Hope you all have a great week!!

Always gotta be chewing on something!

Ready to shop!


Loving her jogging stroller

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! It's so neat that Maggie and Charlie are so close in age! I feel ya about twins...I don't know how those moms do it!! I guess you sort of just have to triage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we got to come visit! Our little girls are going to be fantastic at shopping when they get older-we are training then right!! It's so fun seeing them together! And I obviously couldn't handle twins...one of them would roll away from me! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having the same problem with the time change. She wants to get up at 6 or 6:30 which is not bad but I'm still getting dressed at this time!

    ReplyDelete