Friday evening, we headed to El Campo. Our first trip in about a month. I was worried about how Charlotte would do in the car, but she was a champ. She either slept or played happily the whole time. Thanks sweet girl. However, she did NOT want to sleep Friday night at all. I have never had that experience with her. I mean, maybe when she was like 4 or 5 weeks old, but wow, I was unprepared. The good thing about being in EC is that I have help, so I was able to give Charlie to Grandma first thing Saturday morning and I went back to bed.
Before we headed to the St. Philip's carnival, I wanted to swap out Charlie's earrings. She had the same studs the doctor used when she pierced her ears 3 months ago. My mom recently go my old diamond earrings from when I was a baby rebacked. So now Charlie has some bling! Love it. We headed to the carnival and made it there right before the costume contest. I thought we would just enter for the heck of it, and wouldn't you know it, my little watermelon got 1st place in the 0-2 girls category! I was so shocked. Not that I didn't think she was cute, but I just didn't expect it. I have to say that $2.99 watermelon costume was definitely a steal!! I ended up finding it last minute on Thursday because the costume I ordered for her is quite big for her and I was feeling like a bad mom. So it all worked out. We didn't stay at the carnival too long because the contest tuckered our little bug out and it's not like you can do a whole lot with 5 month old. So we did what we do best - took a nap! Yay.
That evening I headed to the Nada Test of the Best cookoff. My hubs was already out there cooking away with his buds. My mom kept Charlie for the evening. It was nice getting to see the group because it has been quite a while. Charlie slept better that night, but still not her normal self. Please don't let this be a trend.
Sunday, I took Charlie to the cookoff with me. It was awesome because the weather was nice and there were tons of other babies out there. We got to see Maggie of course. We also got to meet Harper and Isabel! Cuties! And Lauren just loved to love on Charlie. She wanted to give her the paci all the time. She even tried to give Charlie and empty bottle. I said "Lauren, she's done. It's all gone." Lauren said "She needs more." Haha - too cute. I did not get any pictures of the girls together, but I know some of the other moms did so hopefully I can get a hold of them soon. It's going to be so weird if/when anyone in the group has a boy. It's dominated by girls right now!
I love the Nada cookoff and look forward to it every year, but I hate that it ends so late on Sunday afternoon and then our drive back to Austin is so late. I don't know why we just didn't take Monday off, but whatever. We got back to Austin at 8:15 or so. Charlie slept the whole way so of course she was wide away when we got home. Erg. Jason and I were both exhausted. We got her to go to sleep fairly early, but she did NOT want to stay down. Finally around 11:30 we gave in and swaddled her. I'm not proud of myself but mommy and daddy needed sleep and so did little bit. And let me tell you - it still works like a charm! I ended up staying home from work today because I felt to drained and our house was a disaster because we had absolutely no time to unpack anything last night.
Charlie was rolling over a million times today and it was cracking me up. I laid her in her crib earlier and she turned over right away so I'm curious to see if she will end up being a tummy sleeper or not. She is down for the count right now - in a sleep sack. We'll see if tonight goes better. I hope so. I swear I think she is teething. She has always been a drooler, but it's been insane lately. And I thought I saw a little white something something poking out from her bottom gums. Jason doesn't think so. And I mean I really don't know what it's supposed to look like - it's my first time y'all! :) I guess I'm just looking for a reason for her crazy nights lately! That's ok - we'll get back on track.
I'm ordering her school pictures tomorrow - they turned out cute! I can't wait to share them with y'all!!
My first trophy!
Happy Halloween!






No comments:
Post a Comment