After her 6 month appointment, we started doing solids twice a day instead of once. And I imagine we'll probably be doing 3 sometime next month. The pediatrician said we need 3 solids a day by 9 months. She is eating pretty much everything these days, except for meat. She'll have a fruit or veggie around lunchtime at school. And then mommy or daddy will feed her a mixed veggies/fruits or cereal with fruit during the evening. She is really a good eater. She doesn't even make a big mess unless daddy makes her laugh. I have also been giving her a mum mum around mommy and daddy's dinnertime if she needs one. Charlie is very aware of when other people are eating, and she will make a fuss if she is not included sometimes. These mum mums are awesome. They are big enough for her to grab and they dissolve super easily. She is really getting the hang of it, but it is quite a bit messier than eating with a spoon! :)
Charlie is sitting up completely on her own. Daycare made it sound like she was a pro, but I will still hesitant to let her sit without me right behind her. Well yesterday I left her sitting with a pillow or two strategically placed in case she would tumble. I even got up to do a few things and she never once fell over. That was about 15-20 minutes! She is really trying to learn how to go from a laying position to a sitting one. You can tell she is much happier when she is sitting up. She has even been trying to stand on her own.
She isn't quite crawling yet, but she really kicks those legs. I have been placing a toy (or usually my iphone because she finds is so fascinating) a little out of her reach and she gets really mad and tries to get it, but she can't quite get her knees underneath her body yet. She does, however, rollover to her tummy pretty much right away after being on her back for a second or two.
I have given her a sippy cup a few times and I don't think she's interested. She like to grab it, but she doesn't understand that she needs to tip it get anything out of it. So for now we are just using it as another toy.
Her new favorite thing to do with her mouth is to click her tongue to the roof of her mouth. It is funny. Sometimes she will do it the whole way home from daycare in the carseat.
She seems like she might start reaching (to be held) soon. Yesterday I was holding her and I swear she sort of reached for daddy. Do we see a trend her? Saying da-da? Reaching for daddy? Doesn't she know I'm the one that gets up with her at the crack of dawn? :)
Is that a mischievous look or what?
Yummy mum mum
That is an "enough with all the pictures" look



We love the mum mums too!
ReplyDeleteYay for being such a great sitter! Lucas loves my iphone! I used it as a distraction when doing breathing treatments.
ReplyDeleteAdorable girl can't believe how big she is getting
ReplyDelete