Anyway, I just wanted to give a few updates on Charlie bug.
We are paci free for real. It's been almost 2 weeks I guess. Amazing! Except, yesterday she was digging through her toybox and managed to find one of those pacifiers attached to a stuffed animal. Right in the mouth it went, and she was grinning super big, like she was really impressed with herself. Don't worry, I hid it as soon as she wasn't looking.
This kid HATES the word no. I've known this for a while, but there wasn't a huge need to use the word. Now that she is more mobile (aka getting into everything) it gets sad a lot. Friday, when I picked her up from school, she was a hot, teary mess. Her teacher said that she was spitting at and poking another kid (not this sweet little angel - yeah right) so she told her "no." That's when Charlotte lost it and had a complete meltdown. It's cool Miss Casey, she does it to me too. Like yesterday, when she was messing with the oven. I told her no, and she proceeded to scream. Not only that, but she attempted to go back to the oven. Come on kid, this is not going to end well. Maybe I need to get her a toy oven or something. I don't know. She is always going straight for the outlet covers too. She thinks she is invincible.
We are starting to wear shoes. During her first year, I think she wore shoes maybe 3-4 times and those were for special occassions or because the shoes matched her outift and I couldn't pass up that opportunity. But she pretty much goes to daycare barefoot. 1) I don't have to worry about her losing shoes (she used to lose socks all the dang time). 2) She is still mastering the walk, so I figured shoes would just hinder that. But this weekend I putting some of her small (never worn - sigh) shoes aside, and she got mad at me b/c she wanted to put them on. So I pulled out the shoes that should actually fit her now (even if they are for 6 month olds) and she wore them all. day. long. I was impressed. And she walked decent in them too. I still sent her to school without any today. I figure when it starts cooling off, we'll do the shoe thing. For now, why not run around barefoot?
She copies every thing we do. She will hold her toy phone up to me or daddy (or even Avril) so we can talk. Yesterday she grabbed a bounce sheet out of the laundry basket and started "cleaning" with it. She used it to wipe my legs, the coffee table, the carpet, and her teapot. Hilarious! But we really need to start watching what we say in front of her.
We are making the transition to 18 month clothes. She still wears a lot of 12 month stuff, but some of her clothes (shirts especially) are getting pretty tight. She has quite a few 18 month clothes that are really summery, so I figured we might as well get use out of them before fall gets here. Who am I kidding - she can probably still wear shorts in December.
I love this kid SOOO much.
Charlotte is 14 1/2 months.
| Fancy shoes |
| Waiting for the balls to come out of dino's mouth |
| Yum |
| She was mad at mommy right here. I said the NO word. :) |



No comments:
Post a Comment