Monday, January 14, 2013

January blues

I feel like January is such a blah month - the weather is usually gross and cold (like today), there are not pretty Christmas decorations around, work starts getting busier, and there isn't a holiday in sight.

I'm not a fan of cold weather. It's good for running, but that's about it. C loves to be outside, and I'm over here shivering asking her if she is ready to go back in yet.

Things are kind of slow for me today so I figured now is a good time to update you on what my little turkey is up to.

Charlie talks and talks and talks constantly. I think her favorite words are airplane and elephant. If she sees on of these on tv or hears an airplane she goes bananas and says the word over and over. She says a lot of "sentences" these days. They include "Where daddy go?" "Mommy coming?" "Avril sleeping." "Baby crying." "I do it." "Mommy, touch it." (referring to my iphone/ipad)

She is getting better about following instructions. If we tell her to go put something in her room, she will. She is getting better about hearing us tell her no - she doesn't ALWAYS have a complete meltdown - it's about 50/50 now. Although she still tells us no all the time. It gets really old.

She is really a sweetheart most of the time. She will give kisses and hugs without prompt. And sometimes she will even say "I love you." It's so sweet.

Lately, I've been wondering why our house is full of toys becuase she would rather go outside and play with rocks or climb up and down the steps.

Her hair is growing like crazy. I was looking at some pictures of her from September, and I cannot believe how much longer her hair is now. Maybe longer isn't the best word - since it's so curly, but she definitely has more of it now.

She loves dancing when a fun song comes on the movie she is watching - and sometimes even in the car. See video below.

Charlotte will be 20 months on Saturday - time is flying.

Watching Tangled
Completely mesmorized.
Time out - she hates when I am putting her pjs out - which is why she hit me - which is why she is in time out with only a diaper on.
Crazy nap hair. And she screams when I brush - I'm trying to help you not look like you stuck your finger in a light socket.
Obviously we don't know what the potty is for.

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the nap hair and the potty picture! Too funny! She's getting so big and coming in to such a fun stage! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is doing great in the speech department!!

    Those unprompted kisses and hugs are the best ones!!

    I love the picture of Charlie with her foot in the toilet! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete