Happy New Year! 2012 flew by even faster than 2011, if that's possible.
Let's see. Being that we were going to be out of town for Christmas, Santa made a surprise visit to our house the Wednesday before. It was Charlie's 19 month birthday so it was fitting for her to get some gifts that day. She got a few gifts from mommy and daddy, but her big gift from Santa was a new little kitchen just for her. She did good opening her gifts and loves all of her new toys.
My last day of work for the year was the Thursday before Christmas. I used that Friday to finish up last minute errands and pack for our long stay in EC. I did take C up to school for her Christmas party. We couldn't miss out on that, could we? I loved seeing all the kiddos interact. We spent that evening relaxing because we were looking forward to 4 Christmases in a row over the next few days.
We headed to EC Saturday morning, and I have to say traffic was much less nightmarish than Thanksgiving. We went to my Aunt Susie's for the Wied side. There were a lot of kids so they had a bounce house. Aunt Jen Jen was a good sport and took C in for a bit so she could jump around and feel like a big kid. She doesn't quite get the jumping part yet, but she tries really hard.
Sunday we did Christmas at the Prochaskas'. C started opening gifts early that morning because she just couldn't stand it anymore. She got some awesome accessories for her kitchen and some stuff for her Baby Stella doll.
Christmas Eve we went to church with my family. Let's just say there is a reason we don't take our child to church. She cannot and I mean cannot sit still. It stresses me out. I'm pretty sure daddy stood outside with her all but about the first 5 minutes. Oh well, we tried. Maybe we'll try again come Easter! :) After church, we had dinner and opened up more gifts. Yep, spoiled!! Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle Deano got C a Minnie Mouse 4 wheeler. Score! Watching her ride that thing is hilarious. Most of the time she doesn't hold the button down long enough so she puts along and it's really funny.
And finally on Christmas we spent time at Jason's grandma's house in Hallettsville. She has cows and chickens so C is really happy while we are there.
The rest of the week was spent hopping back and forth from my parents' house to my in-laws' house and spending time with our friends. The Motals' house is our home away from home, and I felt like we were over there almost every night.
Jason and I decided to come back to Austin on Sunday so we could unpack and get the house settled before going back to work. I felt like I was unpacking for hours. But we managed to take down all the Christmas stuff, including the outside lights. And we got the house cleaned and somewhat organized, and it made me feel good and relaxed.
We spent our New Year's Eve sitting on the couch and watching tv - a first for us in the whole 10+ years of us being together. But it wasn't bad. I'd take that over having to drive back to Austin today and get everything settled before going back to work tomorrow. At least I had a couple of days to recoup.
Now before I wrap this up, there are some updates on Charlie that I have to blog about.
1) She has an ATTITUDE. Pretty much the last month has been a lot of "Noooooo." And she has been hitting. They haven't mentioned it at school, so it may have just started. If you tell her something she doesn't like or if you get in her way, she will come over and hit you. In fact, she just hit me because I saw her put a penny in her mouth and went in after it. So needless to say we had to have a few timeouts over the break, and I'm sure we will be having a lot more over the next few weeks, months, years. We are just getting to that age. She tests us. If I tell her not to do something, she will keep doing it and watch me to see what I'm going to do. I was watching her interact with some other kids around her age over the break and she is definitely not as laid back as some. That's ok though - it's just her personality.
2) She is smart. She is saying EVERYTHING these days. Today I was fixing my hair in the bathroom, and she wanted to get by me so she said "Excuse me." She likes to imitate us. I was laughing with my hand over my mouth, and the next thing I know, she is "fake" laughing with her hand over her mouth. What is that? She cracks me up, and I can only imagine that things she is going to start doing over the next few months.
She does test my patience sometimes especially when we are in public and she wants to make a scene. But she makes up for it when she gives me hugs and kisses (which is often). I love her to pieces and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment