Back to the main point of this blog (or at least 1/3 of it) - Charlie's speech development. It has taken off. She is a little parrot and will say anything she hears, which isn't always good. For a while she was saying "Go away." I could not figure out where she got that from until one day we had her favorite movie, The Lorax, on (great movie with a great message BTW - probably my eighth time to say that, but anyway), and I hear him say "Go away, get out of here." And she immediately said "Go away." I was like "Ooooooohhhh."
If you ask Charlie what her name is, she will say "Charlie Ahaka." That is her trying to say "Charlie Prochaska." I'm sorry, but I hope she never learns how to say our last name properly because the way she says it right now is so dang cute.
Her new thing is "See ya later." She says that all the time. She will now try to sing along with songs to some of her favorite movies - pretty adorable and hilarious to watch. She catches on very quickly to what things are called. I'm guessing her favorite color is yellow because she will pretty much call any color you point to "yellow." She is really good at animal names - she impressed me with kangaroo. She gets sheep and goats confused sometimes. I get it - they make the same noise.
She likes for you to play with her or at least pay attention while she is playing. During the evenings at home, it's always "Momma sit down." She likes for me to color with her.
She really loves Avril. She gives her a hug and a kiss every morning. And she always asks about her as soon as we get home from school. She'll say "Hi Avirl. How ya doing?"
Lately, I feel like she is becoming more of a little person, and growing out of being a baby. Maybe it's that she is getting more hair in or just her mannerisms. I can't believe we only have 2 months until she is 2.
This past weekend was a fun one. Jason and I went out, sans baby, to eat sushi Friday night to celebrate my birthday. We were lame and were home by 9:30, but it was a nice night just the 2 of us, and we were both tired from busy weeks at work. Saturday we went to Kassie & Jeremy's house for a crawfish boil - my first of the year - yum. Charlie got to hang out with Kinley and one of the neighbor kids while we got to hang out with some friends. It was a good time. The next time I hang out with Kassie and Jeremy, they will most likely have another baby - she is due in early April. It's going to be fun and exciting to throw a little boy into the mix.
![]() |
| Charlie and Kinley |
![]() |
| Loved Aunt KaKa's cupcakes! |
| Playing with her buddy |
| Ok y'all - check out this hair!!! |
| That look says she is up to no good. |





No comments:
Post a Comment