Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July weekend

Wednesday afternoon, we headed down to the bay at Port Alto. Everyone showed up around the same time and the "party" got started. There were 6 kids there ages 4 and under so it was hectic but fun. Of course Charlie and Maggie are 2 peas in a pod. They are having a blast with each other one second and the next they are fighting over the same toy. Never a dull moment.

We did a little bit of everything - took the kids to the beach, did some slip n sliding, went to the point, watched fireworks, and of course ate and drank a lot! Overall, the kids were very well behaved and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

The sleep situation for us was a little rough. The first night, Charlie did not go to bed until 11pm and was up to see the sunrise. I chalked it up to a late nap the day before and a new place. But Thursday night didn't go much better. The next 2 days we didn't let her take a nap longer than an hour during the day so she would give it up earlier. She still went to bed later than usual (she would always catch a second wind around 7pm) but at least it was better than 11pm and she was sleeping later, so I'll take it. We ended up having to make a pallet for her on the floor because she was not doing good in a bed.

After a quick trip to El Campo Sunday to pick up Avril and visit with the grandparents, we were back home. It sure feels good to sleep in your own bed after 4 nights away.

I had the foresight to take today off because I knew I would be dragging. I'm so glad I did that because laundry alone has taken ALL day.

Early morning wagon ride

Magnolia Beach

These girls swam all afternoon! Loved it!

Dancing with Lauren - too cute!

Then Maggie joined in.

Chillaxin'

Being goofy

Pool fun with Layton

Waterbug

Slip n slide

Worn out

Cuties

Playing "ride horsey"

Let's go riding!

Mommy and Char

The boat ride wore her out

Love them to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment