Monday, July 29, 2013

Mommy and me days

Summer is slower for us at work, and I wanted to spend some quality time with my girl, so I took 2 days off from work last week. I did the same thing last summer and I enjoyed it, although we just kind of bummed around the house back then.

Thursday, Charlie and I headed to Cedar Park to visit Kassie, Kinley, and Kaiden. We took the girls to a class at Gymboree. It was super cute/fun, but I think the girls were a little overwhelmed. And I pretty much had no clue what was going on at any given moment. Tip for all you moms out there. Gymboree offers a free intro class (to try to suck you in to buying a membership). It was nice free fun, but I don't ever see myself buying a membership there (not knocking any of you that do - just not for us). We had a little play time at the Bubela's house afterwards, and then was it back home for a trip to Target and fun in the backyard.

Friday, I took Charlie to the Austin Children's Museum. That place is full of tons of things to keep kids busy. There is stuff for youngsters and older kids too. Definitely a nice place to play on a hot summer day. I just wish it was all on one story - it's multiple levels, which means stairs, and even though they have child level handrails, it still made me nervous as heck, and keeping up with C is a challenge these days. We were only there for about 2 hours, but man, it wore me out. And it managed to make my child (who refuses to nap these days) to nap for an hour and 1/2. YAY! I had planned to take C to a splash pad in the afternoon, but her nap ran longer than I thought and I knew a Friday afternoon was going to be crowded so we made our own splash pad in the backyard. I think she played in it Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! That girl is really loving water these days.

Daddy has been working a lot lately, so we were happy to get to have some quality time with him Saturday and Sunday. It was a nice stay-cation for me. Usually, when I have days off we are traveling and that can get exhausting. But I actually felt like I had a nice long break this time. Charlie did NOT want to go back to school today, and who can blame her. I'm a lot of fun. :)

So a few updates on C while we are at it:

  • Ever since she has barely had any hair, she has this habit of playing with it when she is tired and sometimes even in her sleep. Well now she has a lot of hair and the other night she woke up screaming b/c her finger was stuck in a giant twist of hair. I want to break her of this habit because I'm worried she is going to pull her hair out.
  • She is really into opening and closing doors/gates to the point that it's really annoying. She will sometimes get stuck in her closet (which I have been known to laugh at).
  • Potty training is horrible. I mean 0 absolute no interest in it. The past few days I have dealt with more poo/pee accidents than I thought possible, and we weren't even in panties for all that long so I don't even know. We will hold off for a while I suppose.
  • I have to say that even though she is a typical 2 year old with tantrums and attitude, the "meanness" has calmed down some. I don't hear "Go away mommy" near as much as I used to. Don't get me wrong, she has her days, but the kisses are far more frequent than than the hitting now.
  • She is obsessed with the movie Rio. You put any other movie on and she just yells RIO at the top of her lungs. That movie is cute and all, but I've seen it 8000 times. I'm not exaggerating.
  • She sings ALL THE TIME. Half the time, I think she is just making up songs. Yesterday in the car, she was singing a song about her crocs. Random.
    Gym time

    Kinley working the beam


    Charlie and this little girl loved this boat thing. They wouldn't get out.


    Painted nails

    Children's museum fun. I wish I had gotten more pics but she was all over the place, it was hard to keep up with her.







1 comment:

  1. Cute! We went to a children's museum last week too. Those places are great!

    ReplyDelete