Thursday, July 23, 2015

11 Months Old

Sybil Lucille is growing so fast. One more month until the big birthday.

With Charlie, I started planning her 1st birthday 3 months in advance. With Sybil, I think I realized yesterday that I had a month and panic set in because I haven't done anything. Oh my poor second child. But I was the second child too so it's ok I guess.

At 11 months, Sybil is still a little on the small stuff but she's wearing a lot of 12 month stuff so she can't be that small. She sleeps pretty good most of the time. I can usually put her in her crib awake and she will put herself to sleep and sleep all night. Some nights are a little more challenging, but I'm so glad she is sleeping much better than she was a few months ago. She is eating mostly table food. We still do pouches sometimes, but she'd rather eat what we are eating. I'm gradually trying to take bottles out of her day and replace them with sippy cups. I'd really like to be done with bottles very close to the 1 year mark - especially having to make them for school every day. I'm so over bottles. I'll probably start introducing her to milk in early August.

She can walk in spurts, but definitely prefers crawling. She is super speedy and she is the kind of kid that gets into everything. You cannot take your eyes off her for a second. Charlie was never like that. She likes saying uh-oh and night-night. She also likes waving bye-bye and clapping. She LOVES music and starts dancing at any song she hears - even a ringtone (Jen, I know that will make you giggle).

Her hair is so much lighter than the rest of ours. I'm interested to see what it looks like as it grows out.

It's been about a month since her last ear infection (knock on wood) but we have our first visit with an ENT specialist tomorrow to get his thoughts. I'm hoping no tubes, but we shall see.

Last week poor Sybs had her first stomach bug. It was terrible, and I'm glad it's over and that Charlie didn't catch it.

This little one has added a lot of work into my life but even more joy. I cannot wait to see her little face light up on her birthday when she gets to smash her cake! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment