Monday, August 1, 2011

First day of day care - we survived!

Well it was just a half day, but thank goodness for that. I will be doing half days for the next 2 weeks so Charlotte and I can both adjust - I'm sure I'll need it more than her.

I got all of Charlotte's things (minus the bottles) orgnaized last night. Our morning went pretty smoothly. I got up at 6am and got dressed. Around 6:30 I went and checked on Charlie. She was stirring so I unswaddled her and she was awake in a few minutes so I fed her. One thing I learned is that I should put on my clothes AFTER I feed her because I got spit up on this morning. By 7:15 both of us were dressed and ready to go. Jason went with me to drop her off. I was really glad because I don't know if I could have left if he wasn't there. I of course cried, but I was done well before I got to the office. However, as soon as my co-worker, Dana, showed up I started crying again. I got a little caffiene and I was fine after that. I did call once and text once to check on Charlie - hey, I'm that mom. I actually enjoyed being at work this morning though. I missed everyone! I do feel a little out of the loop, but I'm sure I'll catch back on soon. Before I knew it, it was noon and I was out the door. Charlie looked happy when I picked her up, but she was fussing by the time we got out the door. I'm pretty sure it was just time for her to eat, so I gave her a bottle as soon as we got to the house.

Today was hard, but not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I'm sure each day will have it's challenges, but I think we are well on our way to developing our routine. Baby steps...

At the lake


With Eunjoo at the office last week

Sweet girl



Getting ready for day care!

1 comment: