Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trying to find our "routine"

First, let me apologize for the lack of pics in this post. I'm at work right now so I only have access to the ones on my phone. I'll try to post more pics this evening.

So the past week has been hectic to say the least. I have been trying to leave Charlie at daycare a little longer everyday. We made it to 3:30 yesterday. I will be working til 5 next week, so I didn't want it to be a shock for me to leave her that long. She's been doing great. I think she was fussing one time when I picked her up and it was because it was right around her feeding time. And I'm not crazy, I know she is going to be fussy sometimes - she is a baby after all. Work has been going well, but it is a little tough getting back into the swing of things. Many of you know I'm a CPA, but don't really know exactly what I do (and no, it's not taxes). I work on a multitude of things related to the accounting and reporting for a multi-million dollar real estate investment fund. It is very interesting, but there are always new challenges that arise. And I've been out of the loop for 10+ weeks so it's a little stressful trying to remember everything and catch up. My coworkers are fabulous though and VERY understanding of my situation.

I'm not sure if it was due to the stress of all the new things going on or what, but last Thursday I just didn't great. I barely ate anything all day. Then early Friday morning, I woke up puking. I didn't go into work Friday because I felt so weak and drained. Jason took care of Charlie and took her and picked her up from daycare. I just didn't have any strength to take care of her, and I for sure didn't want her to catch anything from me. I figured I probably just had food poisoning. I felt much better Saturday morning, but my appetite was pretty much gone all weekend (at least I lost a few pounds!). I'm pretty sure I actually had a stomach bug though because I passed it along to my father-in-law. Whoops. The important thing is that Charlie seems fine. I would hate to give her something like that.

Monday was pretty rough for everyone. I have not been sleeping well (stress related I'm sure). Jason never seems to sleep that well. Charlie, although sleeping well, was rather fussy at daycare on Monday. I'm pretty sure she was overly tired from the weekend. She had a 2 day break from daycare and then had to readjust. I'm sure Mondays are going to be a little tough for a while until we get the routine down. Tuesday was much better for everyone I think.

I've been making Charlie's bottles bigger. We have gone from 4oz to 5oz and I'm trying to stretch out the time in between feedings. Her bedtime has been around 9:30 lately, but last night she fell asleep right as I started feeding her around 9:15. I knew that was trouble. She barely took 1oz but she was fast asleep. I went ahead and put her to bed, but sure enough at 4am she work up crying and hungry. Luckily, she ate fast and fell back asleep, but I'm struggling today. I think I need to make her last bottle a little earlier so that she can go to bed around 9-9:15. I know this will be a good thing because it will mean I will more time to get things done around the house before I hit the hay at night, but these little transition periods are tough.

Being a new mom is a lot like starting a new job. I remember when I started with my company almost 3 years ago. I felt lost most of the time. I felt like there was no way I was ever going to feel comfortable and in control of my job so I just winged it most of the time and acted like I knew what I was doing. I sort of feel that way now. I feel like I don't really have control of my life (let's face it - Charlotte is the one in control). I know eventually we will get our routine down and it will be like second nature. And really, I can't complain. It's not like Charlie wakes me up every night. I can deal with the occasionaly tired day.

This week will continue to be a busy one as our baby girl gets baptized on Saturday! And she turns 3 months old next Friday - I cannot believe it!

More pics to come!!
Watching tv with daddy

I'm purr-fect! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment